Safe

Blood scattered through the air...

"Kakashi.... " you muttered.

You awaited the force of impact of you hitting the ground, but instead you were greeted by strong open arms.

They were kakashi's.

You used your remaining strength to force open your eyes one more time. Kakashi was hunched over top of you, with blood dripping down his arm. He blocked the Kunai that Kabuto had aimed at your throat.

"K-kakas..." You tried to speak.

"Please save your energy (Y/N), you'll be okay." Kakashi stood firmly as he spoke.

Kabuto however, took a step back. His face had the expression of frustration. It seems Kabuto disguised himself as Kakashi and tricked you in the forest while you were chasing the real one, but it didn't take long for the real Kakashi to realize something wasn't right.

"Damn you... Kakashi Hatake! I was sure we were far enough away you wouldn't find us..I know I can't fight you directly but I know I can get away!" Kabuto yells this as he begins to retreat.

Kakashi doesn't move, he only watches the enemy escape. A few moments pass as we wait until there is no sign of Kabuto left. He quickly turns to you.

Youre hardly able to breathe, and you're struggling to stay conscious.

Kakashi picks you up and rushes you back to the village.

Faint thoughts trickle through your mind.
One is prominent though.

You weren't alone.