Night 2

"Drip...drip..."

You awake to the small droplets of water hitting the roof of the tent above you. Your instinct is to feel for Kakashi's presence. He's there. You lift your head and see him sitting there, looking out at the light shower forming.

He looks over at you, his face is warm and his eyes are soft. You must have had a puzzled look on your face, because he answered the question you were thinking when you saw him.

"Just admiring the rain. What are you doing awake? Hm?" He mumbled as he got a little closer.

"Just admiring you." You responded.

Kakashi's cheeks lit up and he started laughing. "You're quite the affectionate one when it's dark out."

After, he moved even closer. He was now laying against your side with his stomach pressed against your hip. His hands lightly caressed your hair, making you relax even more. He moved his hand down to your cheek, and moved further to your chin. You turned your head to look at him and he gave you a gentle peck on the lips.

Seemingly at the same time, a small drop of water smacked Kakashi on his cheek. His eyes did a little squint at the surprise, and you both let out a small laugh in response.

The lighthearted moment was short lived however. More water was coming through the roof of the tent. So much that it was becoming an issue. All your belongings were becoming soaked, including the file that held the mission information for the two of you.

"Quick grab what you can and throw it into this pack!" Kakashi said as he held out a small, waterproof bag. You hurried and got as much as you can into the pouch, but all that was able to fit was the file and one meals worth of food.

Out of frustration, Kakashi left the tent unsatisfied with what was able to be saved. One meal wasn't going to be even close to enough to maintain the two of you, and you now had no good bandages for your wounds. You followed Kakashi out of the tent in worry.

"Kakashi?" You called out to him. There was no vocal response, but you felt his hand grab lightly at your arm.

"We need to go back to the village." He spoke sternly. "There's no way to make it safely and in good health for the mission at this point."

You were conflicted. This was a very good reason to go back to the village. Lack of supplies would greatly decrease the chances of a successful mission. You thought to yourself for a few minutes before moving forward with your response.

"If we don't complete this mission, there could be another war. I will not let my wounds or my hunger stop me from protecting our village." You stated this firmly, and Kakashi's eyes widened and grew dull.

A few moments passed and the rain continued to fall before Kakashi spoke again.

"Your loyalty is to the village, but mine is to you." He mumbled. "You will be the one who dies if we move forward, therefore we will not."

The look on his face was one you had only seen one time before. The same one that he expressed when he first heard Danzo tells the two of you what the mission would consist of. One of anger, fear and desperation all in one.

"I have made it known that I have lost my comrades, and I have promised myself I will not lose again. This will be truest when I refer to you, (y/n)." He grabs your hand at this last comment. His eyes meet yours and you can see the emotion building in them.

"In the end I will follow you and stand by you, but please listen to me." He ends his plea and waits for your response.

You stand before him with conflict in your heart. What should you do? Listen to him and abandon the mission, only to face Danzo? Or continue with the mission and it's obstacles, only to still face loss?