War? Part II

You watched as kakashi directed a few fellow A rank ninjas into a single direction, asking them to scout the forest around the village. You heard him request the B tank ninjas, which included you, to sit atop the high roofs for now until further order. They scurried off with a moan, hoping for a better task next time. As you began to turn away, you felt a hand around your wrist.

When you turned back to him, Kakashi's eyes were low, avoiding contact with yours. His hand slowly returned to his side. He looked as if he wanted to speak but didn't follow through. Instead, he turned and started walking into the heart of the village. You're first instinct was to follow, but Kakashi has given you direction. You hesitated, but you knew want you wanted. What your heart wanted. Reluctantly you set off close behind him.

He lead you up into the Hokage's quarters of the village tower. A quiet knock on the door from kakashi's hand made your heart race. You haven't spoken to the Hokage since he recruited you into Anbu. That thought made your heart race even more.

"Click"
The door opened, the Hokage's stature stood in the doorway. His silhouette swaying as he walked back to his desk.

"Kakashi, thank you for bringing her." The Hokage's voice rumbled. His wisdom could be heard in how he chose his words.

"Yes sir." Kakashi responded. He turned to exit the room, but the Hokage stopped him.

"Stay. She needs someone here with her." The lord commanded. He stared into Kakashi's eyes, then glanced into yours. His jaw shifts but for a moment before he spoke:

"(Y/n), there are many things I need to tell you. Things that have come to light while you were unconscious and healing. Please, take a seat...."