Heart Attack

You stood there, feet away from Kakashi as the two of you were moments away from engaging one another. Your heart raced and sweat slid down your forehead as the wind lightly tousled your hair. Kakashi seemed unaffected, standing there waiting for the signal to begin. Just as the wind had stopped, Danzo lifted his hand.

"Start." Danzo spoke without emotion.

Before the word could finish leaving his mouth, Kakashi darted towards you. Your eyes widened slightly and you instinctively went on the defense. His Kunai lashed out at you repeatedly and all you could do was block and dodge it. There was no retaliation from you.

You were afraid. Afraid of his speed and strength. Even though you had your own, his sharingan also scared you. The number of jutsu he knew even struck fear in you. You were afraid of these things but most of all, you were afraid that he could hurt you. Not the physicality of it, but that it seemed as if he was able and willing. The person who held your heart, breaking it long before it stopped beating.

Tears started to form in your eyes, and you gritted your teeth as the attacks came at you one after the other. Desperately you awakened your sharingan to help defend yourself. You were growing tired and didn't know how much longer you'd be able to keep this up.

You tried to speak numerous times, all attempts were futile. The impacts of Kakashi's blade did all but knock you down.

Danzo began growing frustrated at the one sided battle.

"(y/n), if you do not take the offensive you can not win! Fight Back!!" Danzo shouted, then his tone turned ruthless. "Unless you want me to jump in and kill Kakashi myself."

As he finsihed speaking, instantly he was behind Kakashi. As you look at Kakashi's expression, you see one of fear and pain. Blood trickled from his lip, and he fell forward onto you. Danzo had stabbed him in the Kidney with a kunai. A fatal blow, the intentions to kill behind it.

Rage grew inside you. Pain and heartbreak fueled this rage. An aura grew around you as you looked into Danzo's eyes. In a flash you were at the bottom of a tree, laying Kakashi under it. A second later, you were back in front of Danzo. Your kuani lodged in his throat. His eyes fade as the seconds pass.

Standing there in inner turmoil, shaking and sweating, you hear someone walking from behind you.

"I guess I could have expected that." It was Danzo's voice. How was he alive? You knew for sure that was no clone that you just took down.

You see an Anbu member on the side, putting his sharingan to sleep. As he does this, bodies fade as if they were a different reality. Glancing around you see all the other Anbu members panting with many different looks of confusion on their faces. You spot Kakashi though, he's kneeled over on the ground. You can see tears hitting the earth under him. He's breathing heavy and clenching his fists.

"K-Kakashi!" You run over to him. As he hears you call out to him he looks in your direction swiftly. Before you know it, he's grabbed you tightly, embracing you in a desperate hug. Still on his knees you try comforting him with your words.

"It's okay Kakashi, it was only an illusion it seems. Everything's okay now. You're alive." As you finish, Kakashi looks up to you. He's calmed a little, but he speaks softly and unsteadily.

"Your illusion and mine were not the same, (y/n)." There was a slight pause. "In mine, i wasn't the one who died."

Before you could respond to what he said, Danzo announced what had just happened.

"You just witnessed a small dose of the power of the mangekyo sharingan. Everything that just happened was an illusion and happened within a few seconds time in reality, regardless of how long each of your duels lasted in the illusion. With this I was able to get many different types of information from each of you." He glances at me and Kakashi, who are now standing. "Including the bonds between you and your partner." His face is one of disapproval. He finishes by telling all of the members to meet him at the base in 30 minutes, and leaves the area.

You were still shaken but relieved none of that was real. You look to the tree where you had laid Kakashi's lifeless body. You clenched your fists and closed your eyes at the memory of the pain your heart had felt in those moments.

You dwelled in these thoughts a moment too long, and jumped at the feeling of a hand softly greeting the back of your head. You opened your eyes to see Kakashi pulling your head into his chest, wrapping his other arm around your back firmly. It was silent for a moment, you tried speaking but he pulled you closer and spoke first.

"Your heart is safe with me." He whispered softly into your hair, leaving your cheeks a soft pink. "Please don't ever leave."

And just as quickly, he let go, put his hands in his pockets, and turned around to head toward the base.