Day 1

You and Kakashi spent most of the morning jumping from tree branch to tree branch. Scouting the areas ahead and moving closer to your destination.

As time went on, the two of you grew hungry. You pulled out two lunches you packed the night before and handed one to your partner, and the two of you ate in silence.

As you finished, you noticed Kakashi was hardly eating. You urged him to try and finish and he managed to get most of it down.

"Kakashi we need to make the decision on who's staying. I know yo..". You began to speak but didn't get to finish.

"I'm going to be the one staying behind." He blurted. His face was stern and you could see it in his eyes there was no changing his mind. You got up and rinsed the two bowls in the river nearby.

All of the anger, the pain, the sorrow.
Everything you were feeling came rushing out of your body as you vomited your lunch into the river that you hovered over.

As your body was trying to get some kind of relief, Kakashi sat alone on a tree stump, crying. He was more angry than ever. The conflict in his heart was tearing him in two. He didn't want to stay and die, but he wouldn't let another one of his comrades die. Especially not you.

He approaches you, and rubs your back as you rinse your face.

"Let's go (Y/N)." He says gently, with a forced smile.