War Mission 1: Saved

You and Kakashi turned in unison to face whoever it was who approached you from behind. In that fraction of a second, a million possibilities ran through your head.

The two of you were speechless after realizing that there was no one behind you. Your gaze shot around trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.

"I'm not sure what to make of this." Kakashi's voice was quiet and he was worried.

You took a moment to gather all of your thoughts. You felt the vibrations of the planet that surrounded the two of you. You focused on the chakra now. You thought about how it felt and where it was emitting from. It was such a strong energy. It was difficult to find the source. Nothing was coming from the trees or sky, but it felt so close. Like it was going to swallow you up.

Your body shifted in fear. You realized where the energy was coming from. Not anywhere around or above you, but below you.

"Kakashi! Below yo-" you were too late. Hands shot out of the soil towards kakashi. Wrenching at his ankles and pulling him quickly into the dirt. A seal was set onto the immediate area surrounding his body. You became extremely cautious.

You heard a deep and sinister laugh come from below. You only had time to blink your eyes before the enemy came bellowing out of the ground. He was easily taller than Kakashi, almost a foot taller than you. His arms were heavy and his muscles rolled under his skin. His hair was wavy and black down to his shoulders. You couldn't see much of his face, but his eyes were bloodshot.

Your sharingan activated immediately at the sight of him. This was about to get extremely bad really quickly. You felt his power and knew it was double to your own. You questioned why he would only pull Kakashi down and leave you able to fight, ruining his element of surprise. It made you angry...for him to think you were no threat..just because he was stronger didn't mean he was the better Ninja.

"The seal on Kakashi, will it fade if you die?" You asked him bluntly. Your eyes focused on his every movement.

"Haha! Yes, but you nee-" He started speaking but was cut off by your blow to his abdomen. Yes was the only answer you were looking for. You didn't care what else he had to say, and you took his need for boasting an easy opening.

Blood shot out of his mouth as you dug your hand deep into his belly. However, he didn't even budge from that position. You saw his hand go back for a split second before you were flying into a tree trunk. Your back slammed into it hard enough to knock the air out of your lungs. That strength, you wouldn't be able to take many hits like that one. Luckily though, it seemed he wasn't nearly fast enough for your sharingan to be unable to keep up with. Your inheritance just might give you the advantage you needed. Besides that, you had a shiny new Jutsu just waiting to be used if you deemed necessary.

You glanced at Kakashi as you stood back to your feet. His face was one of fear and his body shuffled and struggled against the dirt that surrounded his body.

"It's ok Kakashi." You raised your voice with a confident smile. "I'll be the one saving you this time." His worry didn't seem to fade much, but he didn't know just how much stronger you've actually grown.

In the corner of your eye, you saw the beastly figure rushing towards you. He seemed to have been effected by your hit. A good sign.

"Hmph. I don't think so." You thought to yourself.

You were in the trees before he even made it half way to you. Hoping branch to branch trying to confuse the target. While doing so, you managed to get a shadow clone created and it slid down the back of a tree undetected. You moved in towards the enemy at full force. He raised his hands in a defensive stance and your leg came down hard onto his arms. Once again he didn't budge.

Then you heard a sharp sound and you saw his eyes widen. Success. Your shadow clone had dug a kunai deep into the targets ribcage. You realized soon that even though contact was made, the clone missed his vital area.

The man slammed his head into yours. You broke out in a sweat at the instant pin it caused. You were barely conscious and likely had a concussion. Things could get messy if you didn't stay out of the way of his strength.

You decided you needed to further the upper hand you had and use your new Jutsu. It wasn't perfected yet but you had confidence in your ability. You had your shadow clone advert his attention, playing as the real you. You snuck back into the trees and waited for the perfect moment. Your clone was wailing hits across the mans body, tiring out his stamina. It was working, but he was able to land a direct hit on your clone and it disappeared. He grew enraged at the cloud of smoke before him.

"Argghaa!! Come out and play!" He shouted.

"Alright then." You responded.

You moved as quickly as you could and before he could realize you had your hands on his head. It seemed like forever for the second to pass, but it worked. You managed to hold your hands on his chakra point just long enough. You felt his thoughts mingling into yours.

You stabbed his hand that you knew was coming. He tried grabbing at you with the other but you knew that would happen too. The tide turned quickly and the man seemed to notice how easily you were countering his attacks. You saw fear grow in his eyes for the first time. His hits became weaker, he was giving up.

You knew this man was not part of the Anbu, but you needed to take him down. He did say that he had to be killed to free Kakashi, and so it would be done.

Within minutes you had him exhausted, he dropped to his knees and you stood behind him with a kunai to his throat.

"Let him go." You demanded. The mad grew angry one last time and went to turn on you again. You slit his throat at his movements.
It was the first time you ever killed, it isn't feel like you expected. You felt no remorse for the man who endangered you and the person you love.

You looked back at Kakashi. His eyes were wide and he didn't move. The seal around him released and he was untangled from the soil. You approached him, but didn't speak.

The two of you stood standing for a minute. Finally, you broke the silence.

"Told You id save you this time." You smirked.

He whipped the awe from his face to respond.

"Well...not the first time. You saved me a long time ago." He muttered this as he looked up into the sky. He dropped his gaze back down to you and to the beastly ninja that lay dead on the floor.

"Guess I'll have to take you serious from now on huh?" He remarked. "Seems like the Hokages changed you."

He turned with a face you'd never seen on him before. It was a look of disappointment. You were confused. Isn't he happy for your new strength?