War?

"(y/n)......(Y/N)!"

You awoke in panic. Someone was running down the hall screaming to you. It took you a second to recognize the voice but then you knew.

"(y/n)!" They shouted once more. "You're gonna miss it!"

"Gai?" You mumbled in confusion as he slammed through the door.

"Get up! The Hokage is giving a speech!" He leaped over to you and lifted you onto his back. Surprisingly, you felt no pain in your chest where your wounds had been. He ran out the door as you hung onto him, making his way down to where the speech was being held.

Once the two of you arrived, Gai put you down. As soon as your feet met the ground, you felt how weak your legs had become. You started to question how long you had actually been in that bed asleep.

"Gai, how long was I-" but before you could finish, the Hokage spoke.

"People of the village hidden in the leaf, the day has undoubtedly come." His face was serious, his tone was flat. "We are at war."

Your heart seemed to stop. A knot grew in your throat. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. "War? Is this because we failed our mission?" You thought to yourself in despair.

Kakashi walked up to stand with the Hokage. His eyes met yours as tears grew in them, blurring your vision. You wiped them away, only to be met with more.

"Our allies are preparing, though they are few." His eyes closed as he tilted his head down, hiding his eyes with his sacred hat. A second later he lifted his head proudly, and raised his voice to a more boastful tone. "Let is not forget, our enemies are fewer! Do not let their strength make you afraid!"

The crowd cheered and the energy of the village changed.

"I need all S Rank ninja to meet in my office in 10 minutes. A and B rank please meet with Kakashi at the village gates." The Hokage left the scene on that note, heading back down to his office. Kakashi gave you a last look before making his way to the village gates.

Gai leaped up, sprinting to the Hokage's office. You watched until his frame disappeared. Slowly, you made your way to the village gates. Pondering what the war was from or about, feeling guilty at the thought it may have been because of you. You ached to ask these questions but you knew there wasn't time for that now. As you arrived at the village entrance, eleven ninja stood before you. Kakashi stood facing the small group. His eyes lit up when they saw you, but he did not budge and his face did not change. Being in his presence comforted you, but his energy was slightly different.

It was an energy that craved revenge.