Well Done

You accepted. You were ready to learn the Hiden Jutsu that the Hokage offered you.

"Yes sir. I promise to use this only to aid the Leaf, and to protect it's people." You bowed your head once you finished speaking. He bowed his head in return.

"Very well (y/n). To learn this Jutsu it only requires you to meditate with me. Through meditation I will unlock this ability for you. Before we start however, have you wandered why I've chosen you? I have not worked a great deal with you, and you're quite young to be learning a forbidden Jutsu such as this one."

He had a point. You didn't think about it before, but there was no real explanation as to why he wanted to teach you this technique.

"Yes sir, is there a reason?" You asked with a furrowed brow. His eyes shut and his head looked into the sky.

"I see it as an apology, (y/n). Words cannot describe my regret for sending you off to be with the Anbu. I should have investigated their program earlier and you wouldn't have gotten hurt. Kakashi has also been through a lot. He's lost a lot and so have you. Neither of you have a family. Many of his comrades have died before him, and you growing up alone has been hard, I know. I thought the Anbu would be good for both of you. Maybe it could have given you two the bonds you always desired. Instead it only gave you two more scars..." His eyes filled with tears as they opened, but he looked down and hid them quickly. His sorrow upset you, he was partially right. His decision to send you into the Anbu caused you and Kakashi a lot of heart ache, but you came out with so much more.

"Sir, there's no need to feel sorry. I am delighted that you want to share this technique with me, but I do not wish to take it out of pity. I only wish to take it if it's given to me because I am worthy enough as a ninja. Besides, I'm glad I made it into Anbu. I wouldn't have the bond I have with Kakashi now if I didn't." You explained to him calmly and as comforting as you could. His eyes gave a soft smile before he spoke.

"I was hoping you'd say that. I notice each time I see the two of you that you will grow very strong together. That is also why I want to give you this Jutsu. I want you and Kakashi to form an infiltration duo. With this Jutsu, the two of you will be unstoppable together. It's what the Lead needs in a war like this."

The two of you only looked at each other after he finished talking. He positioned his hands upward and straitened his spine to begin meditating. You followed his cue and did the same. After moments your chakra began to grow warmer. You could feel it flaring up inside your mind and getting stronger.

Moments later, he reached out and grabbed your hand. You opened your eyes and in seconds he was speaking to you without having to speak at all.

"Well done, dear (y/n)." He thought.

You smiled at your accomplishment. You just read the mind of the most powerful ninja of the village hidden in the leaves.