The spy

It was a shadow clone all along....

Your body floods with embarrassment and you prepare to give the real Kakashi a piece of your mind.

You immediately look towards the laughing that's coming from a distance. At first you thought it could be kakashi's but it's seems unfamiliar now...

Out from the tree stands a silhouette of an older boy maybe the same age as you, walking your direction. Your instincts as a Shinobi are to identify the person as an enemy or comrade, and then analyze their intentions.

"That was very entertaining to say the least. It looks like you have a very strong desire for your comrade. Careful though! Feelings like that could be used against you in the shinobi world." Says the stranger in a mocking tone.

"Identify yourself now or I will attack!" You exclaim to warn him.

He keeps moving forward, and his face comes into view.

"My name is Kabuto, I am a spy. Thanks to you I was able to get a bit of Intel as I was touching you and looking into your eyes. Unfortunately for you, I've got what I needed and it's time for you to die." He answered.

You take the threat serious and immediately go on the offensive. Yet, he stops you dead in your tracks before you even touch him.

"Give up. You can not win." He says while he stares you down.

You couldn't move. He was draining the will from you as he spoke. Your chakra was depleting fast, but how? There was no time to think.

He begins to walk up to you, and gets close.
He takes out a Kunai and holds it to your throat.

"It's over for you." He says heartlessly.

The Kunai is drawn back, and is slashed out in front of him.

Blood scatters through the air.
You begin to feel that this is the end, and slowly close your eyes while thinking of your comrade Kakashi and how he will be alone, even though your second thought assures you that you are replaceable.

"Kakashi..." You muttered.

You wondered if he was okay as you're eyes shut in exhaustion.