24

Jimin smiled, pleased with himself as the selfie he had just taken turned out perfect. 

He quickly posted it on Instagram, before setting his phone down to focus on homework. 

It started blowing up, however, as he was quite famous on Insta. 

Giving into his temptations, Jimin tossed his work aside and grabbed his phone.

He smiled at the nice comments everyone was leaving and replied to a few. 

Cho: hey baby. It's been a while aha. U still look amazing! 

Jimin's heart froze. 

He hadn't spoken to Cho since they had broken up, over a year ago. 

He hesitated, before clicking on the message. 

Jimin: hey!

As soon as he hit sent, he cursed at himself. Exes were exes for a reason! He shouldn't delve back into that chapter just because Cho was suddenly feeling nostalgic. 

At the same time, he stared at his screen, hoping Cho would reply right then. 

-

It was late in the evening when Cho replied.

Cho: how are you? :)

Jimin wondered how to reply. Part of him thought he should block his ex but the softer part of him felt that was too mean. 

Jimin: good, and u?

There. He decided that not sending an emoji meant serious business. 

Cho: great! I just got back last week from studying abroad. It was a really great experience. 

Oh, right. One of the main reasons they had broken up. Cho wanted to live in America for a year and while Jimin wanted what was best for him, he didn't fully trust Cho to stay faithful. He was always flirting with guys and girls. He said it was just part of his nature and that Jimin was the one he really loved but Jimin didn't like it. They hadn't talked since Cho had decided to leave. 

Jimin: that's great! I hope u had a good time :) 

Damnit, why did he send a smiley face??

Cho: I did! Couldn't stop thinking about you tho. American chicks r hot but ur way hotter ;)

Jimin blushed and giggled. 

Cho: wanna meet up sometime? just for coffee and I can show u my pictures! ur still interested in learning English, right? 

Jimin: yeah, I haven't had time to study but I'm still interested!

Cho: great! I could give you lessons if u wanted! free of charge! lol 

Jimin: really? most people wouldn't be that kind to an ex... ahah 

Cho: ur not an ex to me, Jimin. ur still my friend. I always hated how things ended between us

Cho: anyways, I'll be at KoHi coffee at four on Tuesday if u wanna stop by. I'll buy u that mocha u love so much lol 

Jimin: thanks! I'll c u there! 😊