44

Namjoon froze.

He sat up quickly, all thoughts of sleep forgotten.

He looked at his teacher, who was curled up in a tiny ball, peeking out at him from under the covers. Blush covered his cheeks, and his hands were pressed over his mouth, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight as he giggled mischievously.

"Yoongi?" Namjoon blinked.

The tiny boy shook his head. "Yoonie! No 'g'!  Just Yoonie!"

Namjoon knew he had said earlier that he would make Yoonie emerge, but he had never expected to do it this way.  He wasn't sure how this even happened. He hadn't been trying to trigger out the regressive personality, he just wanted to ask his teacher to be his boyfriend.

"Uh, hello, Yoonie." Namjoon said slowly. "How…how are you?"

"Namjoonie wants to date Yoonie?" Yoonie asked again, sitting up as well.

His sleep shirt fell off his shoulders slightly, revealing his pale collarbones. He looked so small and cuddly that Namjoon was finding it hard to believe he was the same man who had dominated the fuck out of him just a few minutes prior.

"I do." Namjoon confessed.

Well, technically, Namjoon was asking out Yoongi, but Yoonie was a pretty cute substitute. Better than another personality.

Yoonie giggled, burying his face into his pillow that he gripped tightly against his chest. 

He peeked up to the student. "Yoonie always liked Namjoonie! Namjoonie scared Yoonie at first! But then Yoonie saw how soft and kind Namjoonie really was and now Yoonie loves Namjoonie!"

"Oh-" Namjoon blinked again. Now it was his turn to blush. He looked away, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "Th…thanks, Yoonie." 

For some reason it felt really good to have Yoonie's approval.

Yoonie dropped his pillow and crawled quickly over, tugging on Namjoon's shirt. 

"Yoonie can have a kith? From the cute Namjoonie?" He tugged again.

Namjoon felt weird doing anything with Yoonie, as he wanted to be talking with Yoongi, but he didn't want to hurt the most likely extremely sensitive boy's feelings, so he nodded.

"Wait." He said before Yoonie could lean in.

Yoonie paused, grabbing his pillow again and pouting.

"I just have one question first." Namjoon hurried to explain.

Yoonie giggled, grabbing his toes. "Okay!"

Namjoon cocked his head, wondering how to phrase this nicely.

"Why…how…why are you here?" He finally asked.

Yoonie blinked.

And then tears welled up in his eyes and his face crumpled.

"Wait, shit, I didn't mean-" Namjoon hastily tried to redact his question.

"Namjoonie doesn't like Yoonie!" The boy wailed, dropping his pillow. "Doesn't want Yoonie here!"

"No, no, not at all!" Namjoon crawled over and cupped his squishy cheeks. "I love that you're here! I just…want to know how and why."

But Yoonie wasn't listening. He threw himself face down on the bed, sobbing.

Namjoon rubbed the boy's back comfortingly. "Yoonie, don't cry, please. I love that I got to meet you, I promise!"

Yoonie sniffled, burying his face in the pillow further. He said something that was too muffled to make out.

"What was that?" Namjoon asked.

The boy raised his head and blinked a few times. He brought his hands to his cheeks and wiped his tears, looking at them in confusion. He glanced at Namjoon.

"Why the hell was I crying?" Yoongi asked.

"Yoongi?" Now Namjoon was confused too.

"Who the hell else?" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "You were just…Yoonie was here."

Yoongi opened his mouth. He looked away.

"Why did Yoonie come out?" Namjoon pressed. "You said he only gets triggered by those tapes or something worse." He looked down at his hands in his lap, suddenly choking on tears. "A- am I really worse than those tapes…?"

"What? No! God- no, sub- Namjoon, no!" Yoongi shook his head. "It's just- I haven't taken my pills, so all the personalities are more susceptible to come out. I was just really tired and it's late and we did a lot of… things, so…yeah."  Yoongi shrugged. "It was probably just that."

He quickly laid back down. "Let's just go to bed."

Namjoon wasn't satisfied with that answer, but he knew Yoongi wouldn't give him another one.

He grumbled but laid down and pulled the blanket over him.

He was about to drift off when he suddenly remembered Yoongi had never answered his question.