48

Seokjin sat at his desk later that night, his math homework spread out before him. But he wasn't focusing on the equations at all.

His mind was flashing back to the arena, playing his confrontation with Namjoon over and over again.

Mostly because it had been such a hot scene, but also because something kept nagging at him, forcing him to obsess over the moment again and again.

-

Seokjin smirked as Jungkook ran away, deciding not to chase him.

Hoseok was just around the corner and would get him.

Seokjin turned, and as soon as he did, he was shot in the heart.

He stumbled back, looking at his now lit up vest, before glancing down the dark pathway and saw Namjoon walking over.

He grinned. "How poetic. You shot my heart, Kim Namjoon."

"Surprised you have even one." Namjoon said as he fired again, and Seokjin quickly pressed himself against the wall, dodging the light bullet just in time.

"Why are you even playing the game?" Seokjin called. "You hate Mr. Min!"

Namjoon didn't answer, just fired again, and this time Seokjin couldn't dodge in time. His side lit up with red.

He cursed, knowing he was fucked. Hopefully Hoseok had taken out Jungkook at least.

"Or do you want to win so none of us can enjoy dinner with him?" Seokjin asked.

Namjoon titled his head. "Sure. Let's go with that."

Seokjin took careful aim and fired, but Namjoon was fast and twisted his body just in time, dodging.

And then the taller boy suddenly sprinted the distance between them. Seokjin flinched, firing, but not a single bullet landed and then Seokjin was shoved against a pillar, his gun dropping to the floor as Namjoon pinned him against a pillar.

"Why are you playing this game so seriously?" Seokjin gasped, staring up at Namjoon's narrowed, focused eyes.

It didn't make sense. He figured Namjoon would purposely make himself lose, since he was certain the dimpled boy would rather slam his dick in a car door than go to dinner with the man he hated the most on the planet.

But Namjoon was doing the complete opposite - he was playing the game hard, going after each of his classmates one by one and taking them out.

"Stay a pretty face, Jin." Namjoon murmured, trailing his fingers down Seokjin's cheek. "Don't use your brain."

And then he fired the last shot.

Seokjin frowned, looking out his window as he thought.

Maybe Namjoon just had to take the lead on everything sport related, since he was such a dominant alpha boy. Like those kids in gym class, who acted like a dodgeball game was the Olympics.

Seokjin bit his nail, shaking his head. Nah, Namjoon had an ego, but he could put it away when he wanted to and focus on other things.

Namjoon had wanted to win. That was the point of the matter.

But then...why did he just give up at the end?

From where Seokjin had been watching the game play out with the rest of his classmates, they couldn't hear what Namjoon and Taehyung were talking about.

He had been shocked when Namjoon shot himself, giving up the game.

Why play so hard to get to the final two, and then just shoot yourself?