36

Taehyung risked a glance at Hoseok, who had his arms crossed and was glaring out the window as the car sped down the road.

"Listen, you shouldn't be mad at Namjoon." He tried.

Hoseok scoffed loudly, rolling his eyes.

"I'm serious, he didn't know Yoongi had multiple personalities when he took the pills." Taehyung insisted.

"Oh, okay, my asshole is suddenly healed now because Namjoon didn't know." Hoseok snapped. "That past hour of assault was just erased because Namjoon didn't know.  Yoongi is totally fine now because Namjoon didn't know!" He shouted the last part and Taehyung winced.

"You're right, that doesn't change anything. But he was taking the blame for me. I was the one who stole the pills from Yoongi's desk and showed them to Namjoon." Taehyung focused on the road. "I don’t know why he did that for me, but he really is sorry. Please at least just hear him out."

"There's nothing to hear. He's the reason Yoonji took over." Hoseok muttered, resting his chin on his palm as he looked at the rushing scenery. "He's the reason for all this mess."

Taehyung bit his lip. "I really shouldn't be saying this, but you need to know something. Namjoon paid the price for his mistake too, okay? He was traumatized too."

"Oh yeah?" Hoseok laughed harshly. "How?"

"He triggered Agust to come out." Taehyung said seriously. "And Agust tried to rape him."

Hoseok was silent.

"He never mentioned that." He mumbled finally.

"Because he doesn’t want anyone to know. Don't tell him I told you, he'll kill me. But just know he's punishing himself for what happened to you and everyone else. So, please just…don't be too mean to him." Taehyung pleaded. "Whatever you want to do to him, he's hurting himself a hundred times worse."

Hoseok said nothing and Taehyung sighed, knowing there was nothing else he could do.

They drove the rest of the way in silence.

-

Jungkook fiddled with his phone in the backseat of Suga's – Yoongi's? – car.

Beside him, Jimin looked asleep, resting his head on his arm as he leaned against the window.

Seokjin sat in the front seat, next to Suga.
"So, you were the first one created by Yoongi?" Seokjin was saying. "And you handle life for him when he gets overwhelmed or triggered about the past?"

"Correct." Suga nodded. "I was his first friend, even though we haven't officially ever talked. But when one of us is about to take over, we can feel each other's presence briefly."

He tilted his head. "Yoongi's presence feels like…bravery. It's like the part of the movie where all hope is gone and everyone is devastated and scared, and then the hero suddenly comes back after everyone thought he was gone forever, and everyone is suddenly relieved and cheering." He smiled. "I would do anything to protect Yoongi. I respect and admire him more than anyone else in the world."

"Wow…" Seokjin thought about it. "You’re amazing yourself, Mr. Suga. And then, who came next?"

"Agust was second. He wasn't intentional, but the anger was immense and only grew worse as Yoongi got older and realized what his dad was doing to him was illegal, disgusting, and wrong. Nobody likes it when Agust takes over, not even Agust." Suga sighed.

"Where's Yoongi's dad now?" Seokjin cocked his head.

"Jail. When Yoongi was seventeen he finally had the courage to tell the police what was going on, and his dad got life without the possibility of parole." Suga said. "Yoongi hasn't seen him since."