42

Jungkook trudged through the sidewalk, his hands in his pockets as he headed home.
As much as he had wanted to be Namjoon's first gay everything, he could tell the older boy didn't want that.

It hurt, but life goes on.

He knew there would be another opportunity to have the alpha male beneath him, but for tonight, Yoongi would have all those honors.

He could tell those two had had some sort of moment before he barged in. He was curious what it was, but it wasn't his business and he told himself to stop thinking about it - lest he become obsessed.

Besides...it was kind of fitting to have Yoongi be Namjoon's first given their history.

It just seemed appropriate.

He just wished he could have stayed to watch.

As he neared his house, he saw his parents were out, probably on a date night.

He wanted a date night too.

He quickly called Jimin.

"Hey, what's up?" The pinkette answered almost immediately.

"What are you doing for the evening?" Jungkook asked, hurrying inside.

"Um, just catching up on my shows. Why?" Jimin wondered.

"Wanna have a date night at my place?" Jungkook asked, blush spreading across his cheeks.

"You mean...like dinner and a movie and dessert afterwards?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook nodded, remembered it was a phone call, and affirmed it.

"Cuuuuute!" Jimin cooed. "And for what reason do I owe this date?"

"Just because." Jungkook shrugged. "You're my best friend."

"Aww...Jungkookie!" Jimin blew him a kiss through the phone. "I'll be right over!"

-

Jungkook stared into his open fridge, realizing he had almost nothing in there to cook with.

"Fuck!" He checked how soon delivery could make it to his place, but it would be at least an hour since everyone was ordering at the same time.

"Double fuck."

And then Jimin knocked on his door.

"Triple fuck."

He hurried to answer it, letting the smaller boy bounce inside.

"This is such a cute idea Kookie!" He was gushing. "You're such a sweet friend!"

"I'm sorry, I thought my mom went grocery shopping, but she didn't, and I only have like, an egg and half a jar of mustard to cook with." Jungkook explained, embarrassed he hadn't thought this through.

"That's fine! We can go grocery shopping together!" Jimin beamed. "Master pro chef-sies making a three-course meal from scratch! It'll be amazing!"

Jungkook grinned at Jimin's cute enthusiasm. "What should we make?"

"I love pasta, and spaghetti is a classic entrée that's still easy. We could make garlic bread and salad, and something chocolatey for dessert!" Jimin babbled.

Jungkook thought for a moment, before climbing on top of the counter and opening the special cupboard that his parents kept stocked with wine and champagne.

He pulled out a bottle of Chardonnay and held it out so Jimin could see. "If we take just a tiny bit, my mom won't notice!"

Jimin beamed, clapping his hands together. "Yes! Perfect! This will all go so well together!"