Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I had football practice after school, so for a little while I was free of Lexi's constant torture.

I had agreed to eat with Lexi and her brother at their house afterwards, so I took a quick shower and ran to my car to not make them wait too much for me.

            When I parked my car in the Grayson's driveway, there was another familiar car already parked there.

            Frowning, I walked up to the front door, and knocked, expecting my girlfriend to open the door and explain to me what was happening.

            Instead, I was greeted by Josh.

"Ah, Blake darling, you're finally here," he said with a grin, pulling me in.

I frowned, completely confused. Sure, both Graysons knew Josh, but it didn't really make sense for him to be here, especially if I hadn't been there first. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Adorable," he just said, laughing, not answering my question, and grabbed me by the arm, dragging me towards the kitchen. "Come, the food is almost ready."

            Lexi and Tyler were sitting at the counter in the kitchen, snacking on cheese and crackers.

"Why is Josh here?" I asked, as I sat down beside Lexi, giving her a quick kiss on the temple. Like this was just a natural normal thing. Like it was no big deal. Like it didn't give me butterfly in my stomach and make me insanely happy to be able to kiss her this casually.

"We needed a ride home," Lexi explained, passing me a cracker with cheese on it.

"You said Daphnee was driving you," I replied, taking the food.

She just rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that had been the plan."

I looked at her brother with a raised eyebrow. "You texted him?"

Tyler made a disgusted face at me. "Don't you ever check our group chat?"

Josh was giving me the same disgusted stare. It was a little eerie.

I flipped them both off. "I stopped reading the texts when you guys started to debate at which moment you'd be ready to become cannibals."

"In a survival setting, when there's nothing else to eat," Tyler replied automatically.

"You're both crazy," I said, rolling my eyes.

"No, you know what's crazy? Dying of hunger because you're not ready to eat a lil human flesh," Josh replied,

"I'm very sorry I introduced Josh in your life," I told my Pumpkin, ignoring the two other idiots.

I was a little grateful for them though. They seemed to be distracting Lexi enough that she'd forgotten she'd been on a torturing spree with her flashing crusade today.

Maybe I wouldn't have to run away from her.

"He's fucking Daphnee, she was going to meet him eventually," Tyler said.

Josh just shook his head, taking stuff out of the oven. "Debatable, I don't think her blonde friend would have ever wanted anyone to meet me."

"And why is that exactly? What weird thing have you done to warrant that?" Lexi asked with a chuckle.

"Surprisingly, unbelievably even, I haven't even one anything that weird," Josh replied, grinning back.

"You're just meat for her," Tyler replied, his mouth full of food, clearly making a point to be gross with it.