Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I sat in my car after my therapy session, and texted my mother, telling her everything had went well.

            I wasn't going to go back home now. I kinda had plans. Date plans.

            Lexi and I had never gone on an actual formal date.

I was about to change that.

I called my Pumpkin.

"Hello Blakey-Boy," she replied after a couple of rings, a smile in her voice.

I smiled back, even if she wasn't there to see it. "Hi Pumpkin."

"How did it go?" she asked me.

It was really such a relief to be this open about everything with her now.

"It went well," I replied, and then couldn't help being an idiot and added, "Doctor Boseman says you need to start hitting me in bed, it's gonna fix all my problems."

My girlfriend snorted on the other side of the line. "Suuuuuure."

She wasn't convinced. I laughed at her tone.

"But honestly, it went well," I said, being serious again. "He's changed the dosage of my medication a bit, so we'll see if that's going to help. And we basically talked a lot, about me figuring out how to manage my issues without turning them into bigger things."

"That's good."

"Yeah. And also, we've been talking about little things I'd like to accomplish in general in my life, to find happiness, you know."

"Right."

"And I realized I've never taken you on a date. Well, that time I brought you to the Chinese buffet had kinda been a date in my mind, but it didn't count because you didn't know," I added, almost as an afterthought.

"Yeah, it was kind of a date," my girlfriend agreed.

To me it had felt like it at the very least. It had made my heart soar and given me more hope than I thought I could have. It was the beginning of us actually getting along and spending time outside of school having fun together.

It had been one of the first times when I'd been thinking that we could actually work together as a couple in real life and not just in my fantasies.

It was kind of wild to think that now Lexi was actually my girlfriend.

"But it wasn't official. This one is," I stated.

"You want to take me out on a date?" Lexi asked, sounding a little amused.

"Yes! Dinner and a movie," I specified.

"Dinner and a movie?" she repeated, still sounding amused with me, but like, in an endearing way.

"Yes! That's the most common one, isn't it? Let's start with a beginner date and we'll move to expert ones later," I answered enthusiastically.

There were so many things I wanted to do with her. I should write a list for that too.

"Are expert dates in sex dungeons?" Lexi asked, making me choke on air.

"Bold Lexi is not invited to this date," I grumbled, making Lexi laugh.

"Bold Lexi is gonna ruin your date," she said, and I could imagine the wicked grin she was making.

"I'm looking forward to it," I replied, grinning too. I could bitch and moan all I wanted, I loved Bold-Lexi. "I'll pick you up in half an hour," I said and left no room for argument.