Chapter 47

Chapter 47

The conversation took place the next day.

            I was staying over at Lexi's house, so after dinner with her father and brother, where her father mostly talked about his latest mechanical tinkering, while I tried to keep up as much as I could, and Tyler and Lexi just whined about not understanding what he was saying, Lexi and I went back to her room.

            To do homework. Or at least that was what Lexi said.

            I didn't trust her right now. 

            Once we got in her room, I went to sit crossed legged on her bed, while she closed the door behind her, and then kind of jumped on the bed too.

"I think we need to have the adult conversation now," I said, trying to stay on track.

"No, no, I think we need to do some more exploring," Lexi replied, leaning forward towards me.

I pressed a finger on her forehead, kind of pushing her away. "There shall be no exploring in this room."

That kind of froze my girlfriend in her tracks. "What?"

"There might be no no-fornication rules at my house, but there is one at yours. I will not be doing anything that could remotely get me in trouble when I'm under the roof of your shark of a father," I informed her.

I wasn't going to get on the wrong side of her father. That man knew everything.

My Pumpkin kind of gapped at me. It was fun to have her surprised for once. "You can't be serious."

"My room is soundproof and far from my parents. Yours is not, and we're close to your father and your brother. We're not doing anything like we did in my room."

It was hard to not think about that morning right now, when we were alone in her room on her bed.

But we did need to have a conversation, before anything else happened.

"You can't be serious? Really? Nothing?"

"I'll gladly kiss you but that's it."

"Jesus, this suuuuuucks," she whined, kind of throwing her head back.

"No, no. No sucking either." Lexi hit me with a pillow making me laugh. "So, now, adult conversation."

"Sure, whatever, adult conversation," Lexi said with a pout, wrapping her arms around the pillow, holding it against her chest.

So, we should probably get the more serious stuff out of the way. "I think I've mentioned it before, but with my frequent health check up, I do go through a bunch of blood tests and what not, so, I'm clean. I'm not sure if I told you this before, but yeah. Nothing of the venereal disease variety."

"Well, I'm a virgin, so if I do have something, I guess I got kidnapped by aliens with crabs."

"Fair."

Lexi kind of frowned, like she was thinking about the best course of action, and then after taking a breath, said, "I guess it's also the moment where I tell you I'm on the pill."

"Oh." I hadn't known that. I wasn't sure how I was going to process that.

"Yeah."

"Were you before?"

"No, it's fairly new. You know, you and me new. Also, the nurse told me this might help with my period cramps, so fingers crossed."

            "That would definitely be nice," I replied, trying not to focus on the fact that she'd gotten on the pill because we started dating. Because she was expecting us to have sex. Which shouldn't come as a surprised, we were dating, of course that was an option, but like. Aaaah.