Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I was sitting by the fire, looking at my girlfriend in amusement while she waited in line with her paper plate to get her fourth hot dog.

She was looking at the food like she hadn't eaten all day.

Maybe I really should take the food away from her. It would definitely be a good punishment.

"In a scenario where there's nothing to eat, I am convinced that your girlfriend would turn to cannibalism quickly," Trevor said, taking a bite from his hamburger.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are you in a group chat with my best friend and her brother?"

"Are you implying right now that I'm not your best friend?" Trevor asked, gasping like he was offended.

I rolled my eyes at him, not even dignifying that with an answer.

Lexi came back with two hot dogs and one hamburger.

I assumed that I was giving her a specific look, because she felt the need to say, "I'm still going through my growth spur," as if that explained it.

"I think you've hit your final height a couple years ago," I teased her.

"Hey, I could still grow an inch or two," Lexi whined.

"Is what Trevor says to all the girls he sleeps with," Connor said in passing on his way to his seat.

"Connor, I will set fire to your tent during the night while you sleep and enjoy it," the twin threatened.

We all ate more and joked around more, and then Lexi got the marshmallows and cookies and chocolate chips out and started to make s'mores for everyone, as usual.

"Lexi's coooookiiiiiies," Trevor sang, before taking a bite from his, while all the guys waited in line to be served.

I let out a pained noise. "Okay! I've had it with y'all! It's called s'mores! Lexi did not invent these. They already exist and they're called s'mores."

"Yeah we know," Trevor replied his mouth full.

"What? There's a name for them?" Lexi asked, gapping.

I ignored my girlfriend. There were no surprises here that she would not know. "What do you mean, you know?" I asked Trevor, and the guys all nodding along.

"I mean, of course we know. But it makes Lexi happy. Also, we're not about to correct her. She's making them for us. She can call them however she wants," Jimmy pointed out.

"See, this is why it took so long for you two to start dating. You clearly don't understand her," Cameron added.

"Guys! What the fuck? There's a name for my cookies?" Lexi asked loudly again.

"Yeah, they're s'mores," I repeated, looking at my clueless girlfriend.

"I've never heard that," Lexi replied, eyes narrowed.

I could shake her. "How can you not know? How?"

Lexi shrugged, pouting. "I don't know."

"And you picked him? Unbelievable. Don't give him any Lex, because he just ruined something good. He does not deserve any cookies now," Trevor said.

I threw my arms in the air. "Keep your sugar, I don't care."

"Yeah, you bet I'm going to keep all my sugar," Lexi shot back automatically making all the guys say, "Oooooooooh."