Chapter 18

Chapter 18

We were in line to get our movie tickets, when Lexi looked up at me with a wicked little grin.

"Let's get popcorn," she said.

I snorted a laugh. "Didn't you say earlier that you were going to explode with how full you were?"

"Popcorn barely counts as food. It's not filling at all. It's like cotton candy. It's empty."

"I love the way your mind and stomach work, I truly do," I answered her right before it was our turn to get tickets.

There weren't that many fun options so we grabbed tickets for Zombieland.

I had no idea what to expect of the movie. And if I was being like completely a hundred percent honest, I kinda didn't want to actually watch a movie.

I wanted to be a naughty teenager that made out in a theater. It was a high school experience I did not have so far.

Anyway, with the way Lexi was eying the food counter, I assumed she was more interested in the food than the movie, so I didn't worry that much whether or not it was going to be good.

"We should get M&Ms too. Oh, and slushies," Lexi said, not even looking at me, her eyes just fixed on her options.

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

"Be honest. Did I imagine bringing you to a buffet? Was it all in my head?" I asked her, amusement evident in my voice.

Lexi grabbed me by the shirt, kinda shaking me. "M&Ms and slushies don't count as food either," she whined. "M&Ms are so small. And slushies are just ice and flavoured water. It's just a drink, so it doesn't count."

"Pumpkin, you don't need to convince me to get you more food. I just don't understand where all of it goes," I replied, grinning at her.

"It all goes in my hair," she said.

"You do have quite the mane," I told her, and ran a hand through her hair. Was it wrong that I kinda wanted to twist her hair and wrap it around my hand and—

"I know you like my crazy curly hair, so I'm not even going to take the bait," Lexi said, with a cheeky grin, interrupting my wild thoughts.

Did she read my mind? Could she? Had the thought been obvious in my eyes.

I mean, I loved everything about this girl so it wasn't too far-fetched for her to say I loved any part of her, really.

"Am I this transparent?" I asked, kissing her temple. I had an arm around her waist, keeping her close to me.

We probably looked like an annoying couple, but I really didn't care.

"You've literally told me," Lexi replied, rolling her eyes at me, unimpressed.

"Have I?"

She elbowed my stomach. "Little bitch."

"You know it," I chuckled, and it was our time to order, so I motioned for Lexi to go wild.

With our hands more full than reasonable, we made our way to the right theater room.

Since the movie had come out a few weeks ago already, people weren't lining up to see it, so we were able to be picky with our seats.

We ended up sitting basically in the middle.

The trailers started. Lexi wasn't even looking at the screen, she was trying to arrange her food in the most practical way possible.