Chapter 57

Chapter 57

"So? Do you think your father is going to call the cops on us?" Tyler asked, as I kept driving away.

I wasn't even sure where I was going. I just knew I needed to put as much distance between me and the Torres household. Which was a little silly. I didn't think Josh's father would actually call the cop on us.

"Honestly? He's petty enough to do it," Josh sadly admitted.

Or maybe he would....

"It's fine. Our family knows good lawyers," Lexi replied automatically.

I saw Lexi's expression change ever so slightly from the rear-view mirror when my Pumpkin said that though.

Her mother knew good lawyers.

Josh might be the one that needed support right now, but Lexi wasn't healed either.

I wanted to hug her. But instead, I just smiled sadly at her through the mirror. She smiled back.

"What do you want to do now?" Tyler suddenly asked, trying to lighten up the mood. He probably knew what his sister was thinking about.

"I want to binge all the Terminator movies," Josh suddenly answered in a determined tone.

"Even Terminator Salvation?" Lexi asked, sounding a little worried.

Josh winced. "Even Terminator Salvation."

"How awful can that movie be, when the third movie lost its spot as worst Terminator movie over it," Lexi told him, making a disgusted face.

Josh nodded in agreement. "It's talent, is what it is. Creating that kind of mediocrity requires skills. Not good skills, but skills nevertheless."

It had been a while since I had heard one of Lexi's Terminator rants. It was nice to know that both her and Josh were so passionate about it, and could share that together.

I always worried a little bit, at the back of my mind, that my girlfriend and my friend might not always get along.

Josh hadn't always been Team Lexi after all.

So, I was glad they were both obsessed with James Cameron's franchise. They could share that al least.

"Your place or mine?" I asked Josh, wanting to know where I was supposed to drive us to.

"I guess mine is still a mess," Josh trailed, "But I do need to go take care of Miss Puss."

I nodded, and changed lanes to turn left to get to his apartment. "We'll put away the boxes."

"Alright."

So, I drove us back to his place.

Once I was parked in front is his building, we all got out of the car, Tyler leading the way of our little group.

"Why are you acting like you know where you're going?" Lexi asked her brother, her eyes narrowed.

The youngest Grayson gave his sister a shit eating grin. "That's because I know where I'm going."

"You really do love my brother more, don't you?" Lexi grumbled, making me laugh.

I wrapped my arm around her neck, bringing her closer to my side and kissed the top of her table. "Aw, my Pumpkin."

Lexi gave me a little nudge on the side with her elbow. "Your Pumpkin is a bit annoyed."

"I think jealous is the correct word," Josh said from the front.