Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I didn't sleep well that night, but it was for very different reasons than the last time.

Because the only thing I had in my mind was Lexi.

Lexi kissing me. Lexi looking at me with those wicked eyes of hers.

I could still faintly feel her lips against my own, and her weight on me.

It was a really good thing I hadn't slept over at her place. I might have done something I regretted if my girlfriend was beside me right now.

Because I kept replaying over and over again what we'd just done and... I wanted more.

It shouldn't be that surprising though. I shouldn't be feeling ashamed somehow that I was feeling this way.

But I was unfortunately. It was like I was feeling bad for wanting more. Which I really should stop doing.

Lexi was my girlfriend now. I was allowed to want her.

I grabbed my phone a few times, fighting the urge to call her or text her.

We'd just been together.

And she was probably sleeping soundly right now, not replaying everything in her head over again, and overthinking in the process.

Or maybe she was. Lexi was an overthinker after all. But somehow, it kinda felt like she wasn't doing any thinking when it came to how physical we were getting. Like nooooo thinking at all. There was just a lot of how-to-make-Blake-suffer in her head.

Couldn't I just sleep and stop thinking about my girlfriend in just her bra straddling me in my car?

Could I have this at least?

I dozed off a couple of times, just enough to have half dreams that just felt like grainy replays of last nights events.

I sort of gave up on sleep when the sun rose.

I went for a long run, and ended up in front of Josh's place, kind of on purpose.

I hadn't called him in advance, but I assumed he was there. So I made myself at home, and went through the maze that it was to get inside Josh's apartment.

I was greeted by Miss Puss when I walked in.

I petted her. "Where's Josh?" I asked her, like she could answer me, but she just looked at me, blinking slowly, and headed back to her favourite spot by the window.

I chuckled, shaking my head, and headed to the kitchen.

No Josh.

It was pretty early. He was probably still sleeping.

I headed to his room. And here was Sleeping Beauty, eyes closed.

I threw myself beside him on the bed.

He let out a pained sound, muffled by his pillow.

"Goooood morning sunshine," I greeted him.

"Get your stinky armpits out of my bed," Josh mumbled against his pillow.

I frowned, sniffing myself, but I didn't particularly smell bad. "I'm not stinky," I pointed out.

He started to kick me at that. "Get your sweaty armpits out of my clean bed then."

I laughed, and just tried to grab him while he just kept kicking and flailing his arms around. "Why? Do you have problem with sweaty armpits," I asked, amused.