Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Now that we were back in town, there were still a few days left of our Christmas break before school started again, and Lexi wanted to go shopping with Alex, Vanessa and Daphnee.

Vanessa had come back home for the holidays, so naturally, my girlfriend wanted to spend some time with her.

I was invited for the outing. Usually, I would have just let them hang out together, not wanting to force my presence on them, but I was trying to get out of that mentality now. I didn't want to think that hanging out with was a chore for anyone anymore.

Lexi's friends were also my friends. Or at least, we could only become true friends if I actually hung out with them.

So, I took the invitation and even offered my service as chauffeur, that was how we all ended up, sitting in my car on our way to the mall.

I rarely went shopping. I usually only did when I was in England with my cousins. They would have fun taking out clothes for me to buy, and I just used my parents' card to pay for everything. I basically did all of my clothes shopping in the short window when I was with them. Books my mother got for me and albums Josh got for me.

I didn't really need anything else.

I was pretty curious to see what a shopping day entailed for my girlfriend and her friends.

"Your pimp mobile is definitely practical. It's gonna be great if we end up buying a bunch of stuff," Alex said, sitting in the back.

I gapped in consternation, but before I could even reply to that, Daphnee said, "Your Jeep would have been fine too. It's just my Beetle that's a little cramped."

"Your Beetle has character," Vanessa reassured her friend.

"My Beetle is about to give up the ghost."

"Going back to the pimp comment, why is everyone hating on my car?" I said, looking back at them through the rear view mirror.

My girlfriend was sitting in the passenger seat, trying to hide her snicker.

"Drug dealers drive Escalade," Alex replied.

"Drugs dealers and pimps," Daphnee corrected.

"And US senators," Vanessa added.

"Which is essentially all the same thing," Daphnee pointed out.

I glared at the through the mirror. "An Escalade is a reliable car."

Alex continued with his nonsense. "Yes, if you need to move fifty kilos of coke."

And Daphnee added, "and three hookers."

I stared at the road, and grumbled, "I'm gonna kick all of you out."

Lexi leaned her head against my shoulder, giving me puppy eyes. "Even your pretty girlfriend?"

I sighed. "You're all on thin ice."

This just seemed to amuse the little gang.

When I finally parked at the shopping mall, we all got out and headed to the first stop, which was apparently clothing stores.

My Pumpkin slid her hand into mine, and smile up at me. I grinned back and pressed a quick kiss to her temple.

"I think today is the perfect day to pick something awful for everyone to try on," Daphnee said, rubbing her hands together, with a wicked smile on her lips.

"Something god awful, sometimes we know the person could pull even though it's not their style, and then something they'd actually buy," Vanessa said, and everyone nodded.