Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Wow, you guys look like shit," was the way Alex greeted us once we got out of my car after parking in front of his house.

            With the caravan of cars already parked, I assumed we were probably in the last ones to arrive.

            "Thanks Alex, we really needed that," Lexi shot back.

            "There's a reason why I tell you guys to not come here hungover," he replied, laughing at us.

            "Shhhhhh, shhhhh Alex," I told him, holding out my index finger like I was trying to silence him, and then headed to his car to go lay down on his back seat.

            Alex narrowed his eyes at me. "What do you think you're doing?"

            "Wake me up once we get to the Creek," I told him, and made myself comfortable before closing my eyes.

            I needed more sleep. I needed to sleep for a whole freaking week.

            It had been such a long time since I had felt like shit like this because of a hangover. I really didn't like it. I could endure sleep deprivation caused by restlessness or because I'd been running or reading or doing something. The tiredness that came from having drank too much the night before was different. Because it was not just being tired, it was being in pain too.

            "Do something with your boyfriend," Alex told Lexi.

            Clearly, she did not listen to him because she came to snuggle with me on the back seat. "Wake us up when we get to the Creek."

            I wrapped my arms around her waist, and tucked her head under my chin, sighing contently.

            "Last chance to turn around and go back to your room and keep doing what we were doing earlier," Lexi told me with a little smirk.

            Honestly, it was... tempting. I really should not be thinking about it right now. It would probably be dangerous.

            "Both of you, out of my car. Now," Alex said sternly.

            We reluctantly complied, though we whined about it all the while.

            "Are we not driving out with you?" Lexi asked with a frown.

            I leaned my head against her shoulder and closed my eyes. Lexi patted my cheek.

            "No, you're with the twins and Ashley," Alex said. "I'm waiting for Fred to get here, so he'll drive up with me, Travis and Connor. Justin, Jimmy, Peter and Davis are in another car, and Dwayne, Janna, Mark and Catherine in another."

            "No Clark and Shawn?" Lexi asked.

            "No Clark and Shawn," Alex repeated.

            "Ah, so sad, who's going to make inappropriate comments all the time if they're not there?" Lexi said sarcastically.

            "If you're looking for inappropriate comments, I'm your man.," Trevor said to my Pumpkin.

            "Back off Trevor," I glared at him.

            "Anytime. Just say the word," Trevor mouthed to Lexi, wiggling his eyebrows at her and blew her a kiss.

            I kicked in his general direction, making him laugh.  

            "When is Fred supposed to arrive?" I asked.