Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"I think next time when we're that many playing, we should play with two balls," Mark said, while we were all lying around the field, after playing for long enough to be basically covered in bruises.

            No one seemed to have gotten bitten this time around, so this was a win. 

            Trevor suddenly had a creepy grin on his face. "Oh yes, you know how much I looooove playing with two balls."

            "No, but he's actually got a point, that could be fun," Lexi replied, ignoring Trevor's comment.

            "Playing with two balls?" I asked my girlfriend in an innocent voice, but with a knowing smirk.

            Lexi rolled her eyes, giving me a quick tap in the arm. "Shut up you little bitch."

            "Oh, oh, so I get pushed in a creek and I get called little bitch?" I asked, gapping at her.

            "You're still not over that?" she replied.

            I sat up, and threw my arms in the air. "It just happened."

            "Like, what? Two hours ago? That's a lifetime ago."

            "No, it's literally two hours ago."

            Lexi just waved the matter away, like she wasn't actually worried about my impending revenge plans. "Details."

            "Just because I love you doesn't mean you're safe darling. In fact, you're the opposite of safe," I warned my girlfriend who was definitely not taking me seriously.

            "Ohmygod, just fuck already," Connor whined, making everyone laugh. Lexi had been holding the football so she threw it right at him.

            "Aren't they already fucking?" Peter replied.

            "Clearly not. Look at them bicker all the time," Jimmy added.

            "That doesn't mean anything, they're both little bitches," Dwayne pointed out.

            "Hey!" Lexi and I both said at the same time in the exact same tone and then looked at each other and grinned.

            "Daph, you would know. Have they fucked?" Trevor asked.

            Daphnee became stoic, blinking very slowly. "I am a rock, unfeeling and unknowing."

            "Anyone?" the twin fished for answers, looking around.

            I glared at him when he looked my way.

            "Let's stop talking about Lexi and Blake's nonexistent sex life," Mark started to say.

            "I will murder all of you," I said, but was ignored. Mark basically just continued talking over me.

            "We didn't bring the dirt bikes for nothing, so now would be a good time to take them out."

            "Excellent idea," Dwayne agreed, with a deliberately funny flair in his speech.

            We all go off our asses after that, grabbed the dirt bikes, and headed for the sandpit.

            The girls stayed behind, to chat together, so me and the guys left them back at our camping spot.

             It was about a fifteen minutes walk to the sandpit, and I was not running to get there first to try on the bikes.