Chapter 63

Chapter 63

"Jayden liked to look at the stars. We used to sneak out at night and just stargaze. For a while he wanted to be an astronaut. He was actually good at mathematics. He used to help me with math home works. My parents were supposed to buy him a telescope for his next birthday. He never got it."

I'd been talking none stop about my brother, while Lexi just listened, asking questions here and there.

It felt strange, but also relieving to share this with my Pumpkin.

We didn't talk about him enough. We kept him safely hidden away in our hearts, and kept him dead that way.

"He played so many pranks on you, did you ever play a prank on him?" Lexi asked.

"Never one that worked." I chuckled. "Jayden was always ten steps ahead of me. I actually tried once to change the fillings of Oreo cookies with toothpaste, and he managed to switch them and I ended up eating one."

Lexi chuckled, trying not to make too much noise. "I wish I could have met him. I'm sure he would have been a lot of fun."

"Oh, it's probably best you never met him. You would have fallen madly in love with him."

"I don't know." My Pumpkin grinned at me in the dark of the night. "I think I like the Eaton boy I got a lot. Not sure I would want to switch him up."

I tilted my head, looking at her. There was faint light coming from the moon and the lampposts outside creeping through the window and I could see her face. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," she replied, and I pressed my lips to her grinning ones.

She was already in my arms, so it wasn't hard, to hold her against me, my hands going to her hair, keeping her close as I kissed her slowly, deeply.

Lexi suddenly broke the kiss. "Wait, no, no. No fornication at your grandparents' house," she hissed at me, trying to keep as quiet as she could.

I burst into laughter and then covered my mouth, hoping I hadn't woken up anyone. "Wow, this is refreshing, you resisting me? I missed this Lexi."

Unsurprisingly, she glared at me. "What?"

"I'd gotten used to the Lexi that rejects my advances," I replied, pushing a strand of her hair off her face.

My Pumpkin still glared. I grinned. "You want to go back to that time?" she challenged.

I shook with silent laughter. "No particularly," I replied, and cupped the side of her face, bringing my lips back to hers. My other hand snaked around her waist, keeping her close, and then headed down, pressing on her butt.

She kissed me back, almost making me grin.

I probably shouldn't be doing this. I was tempting the devil. I didn't actually want to do anything scandalous in my grandparents' house after all.

Our kissing was getting a little bit more feverish, and Lexi pressed her hands against my chest, pushing me away again.

"Stop it! I said no fornication," she whined.

I chuckled, pressing my forehead against hers. "Fine."

I pouted at her, and pressed a quick kiss on her lips, before situating us back in the bed comfortably, my girlfriend in my arms.

We were silent for a few minutes. I thought maybe Lexi was about to fall asleep soon. I'd realized after all this time sleeping together that my Pumpkin absolutely did not have my issue with insomnia. She could fall asleep almost instantly.