Chapter 13

Hi,
Hope you are all doing good,
And enjoy reading!

***********************************

Siya's Haldi
Siya pov

Today is my Haldi function, and I am getting ready for the Haldi in my yellow plain saree with a pink blouse. My hair is tied in a braid, and I refuse to do it up because, in the end, I have to apply Haldi to it, so it makes no sense for me. Then Ma makes me wear flower jewellery.

I can't believe tomorrow is my wedding, and I am going to leave my precious home. Time flies so fast. It feels like yesterday I was running around my orphanage behind my little angels to catch their laughter and Ma's scolding sounds around me.

Tears appear in my eyes. I quickly blink them away and start fanning my face to dry my tears. Don't if it's work. Taking a deep breath, I start wearing my pink bangles to complete the look.

My gaze fell on my dark mehendi as I looked at the beautiful floral pattern. The Mehdi artist forgot to write the groom's name as I fell asleep in the middle, and they didn't ask anyone else. Ma got very angry at their carelessness, but I made her understand by saying it wasn't a big deal.

She is already very stressed because of so many responsibilities and work due to the wedding.

SIYA'S mehendi

SIYA'S mehendi

*knock*

Standing up from my place, I fixed my saree properly and opened the door to find Shruti standing there. Her eyes widened as she looked at me, making me nervous. "Oh my God! You are looking... oh god, I don't have words. You look hot in a saree. Wow," she said as she moved her eyes from top to bottom.

"Thank you," I said haughtily, flipping my braid back, and we started laughing together. "Oh! I forgot For what I come here for, Aunty is calling in the hall for Haldi." And we made our way to the hall while we talked about her yellow Patiala suit, as she was looking beautiful in it.

Reaching the hall, I got attacked by my little angels as they complimented me and started showing their outfits. "Wow, my cutie pies are looking so cute!" And kiss their cheeks one by one. After that, they ran away and started dancing as we set up the music system for the function.

"Wow!!" I turn to the voice to see Ma coming towards me with a dazzling smile. "I know my daughter is beautiful, but today she is glowing even more, right, Shruti?" Ma said, "Glimmering," and kissed my forehead. "Ji Aunty," Shruti said with a warm look.

"Come on, let's start the haldi." Ma said, clapping her hand and making me sit on a small stool. In front of me, there is a bowl filled with a paste made up of besan, haldi, and rose water.

Only a few people are there, which includes our orphanage staff ladies, Ma and Shruti, and kids only. As we decided to keep the functions intimate, the orphanage people are also my family. "Come kids, let's play Haldi Holi with our Siya!" Shruti shouts cheerfully and makes kids run to me as they sit, making circles around me. Making other elders laugh at their enthusiasm.

After all, elders apply Haldi to me as per ritual, and Shruti and kids start playing Holi with me by applying the paste to my face, neck, and hands. In the end, children are covered with Haldi, including Shruti, and we laugh looking at each other's faces. The elders are also enjoying it.

Shruti and I are resting on my bed and talking after we took a bath and changed into simple suits. "....right." I said. I looked at Shruti, who is now snoring and maybe getting tired of running around. I shook my head with a smile, remembering her excitement.

Looking at the ceiling, I start thinking about how my life is going to change completely tomorrow. New life, new people, new relationships, new responsibility—aishhh! All this is making me feel weird, like I am anxious, nervous, excited, and afraid at the same time. Am I getting mad or what? Is it normal to feel like that?

The loud sound of the alarm ringing makes me startled, and Shruti sits abruptly awake with her big, shocked eyes. I start laughing at her cartoon face, making her glare at me. I quickly put my index finger on my lips. Gives her a 'See, I am quiet now' look.

"Oh God, it's 3." She was shocked to see the time and said while running around the room, "We have to go to the parlour to get ready. Go wait for me near my car. I am coming with our Lengha, OK." I also get up, nodding my head and taking my phone from the dressing table, and after fixing my dupatta and hair, I exit the room.

After informing Ma, we make our way to the parlour. Today, Shruti brought a driver with her as she didn't want to drive. Sitting in the car, I was fidgeting with my dupatta due to anxiety. My palm started sweating badly, and I was feeling weird in my tummy. God, please be with me.

Shruti noticed my nervousness as she held my hands with hers and said, "I know you are nervous; don't be, Siya; everything will be alright. Have faith in God. You are a great person. God will be there for you and me. Aunty and your cuties are always with you. So, forget everything and enjoy your wedding to the fullest." She tries to cheer me up, which somewhat makes me feel better. I smiled gratefully at her for her words, which made her hug me tightly from the side.

After a few hours

I am almost ready for my wedding. As the makeup artist gives a final touch-up. My backbone started to hurt due to sitting in one position, but it is worth it, as I can't believe I am looking so pretty, just like an angel. I just love myself right now. Haye!! Najar na lage muje. Hehee.

(A/n:I will pin Siya and Shruti's outfit looks in the end.)

"Wow! Siya, you are looking drop-dead gorgeous. Can we elope and get married? What do you say?" She said she was teasing me and making all the people present here chuckle. "Someone is going to faint today because of your beauty and hotness. Haye!! Koi AC toh chala do Yaar!" She said this while fanning her face. Make me blush.

"You are done, beautiful bride," the makeup artist cheers after fixing my chunni on my head. "Thank you so much for making me so pretty," I thank her. "Oh! Come on, you are already very pretty, dear. And congratulations on your wedding! Have a beautiful journey ahead." She said that, and tears started brimming in my eyes.

"No, No, No!! You are going to spoil your makeup," Shruti started shouting, making me roll my eyes. "We should leave now, Siya." I nodded my head while standing up from the chair.

'God! This is so heavy. How will I walk in this?' I thought as I lifted my lehenga to walk. Huff! I am already tired after just two steps.

"Thank you, Aunty Marie, for your magical work on us," Shruti said to the make-up artist. "Mention it not, dear; it's my job." Bidding goodbye, we made our way to her car while she helped with my lehenga so I could walk easily. Sitting in the backseat, we huffed.

"Siya, am I looking okay?" She asked me the nth time, and I rolled my eyes as I said, "You are gorgeous, hot, elegant, and many more words I can't even remember. Ekdam FIREEEE!!! " She starts blushing like a tomato. She is so cute sometimes, God!

Suddenly, we jerked forward as the driver applied the brakes out of nowhere. "Ouch! What happened, Mohan Uncle?" Shruti winched while rubbing her forearm. "Are you ok, Shruti?" I asked, getting worried as I looked at her arm.

"Oh! Yeah, I am fine. Just hit my arm. You are OK." Nodding, I look ahead through the windscreen. My eyes widened in shock at the sight in front of me. "Shruti...!" I whisper slowly in fear. "Oh, God!!" Shruti nearly yelled.

We looked at each other in horror.

*******************

Siya's wedding lehenga

Siya: make up and jewelry

Shruti's look(Photos belong to rightful owners)

Shruti's look
(Photos belong to rightful owners)

**********************************

Oh God what happened?
Just wait and watch!!

How is the chapter guys??
Please *VOTE *COMMENT *SHARE

OK see you soon
Good bye
Take care
🥰🥰🥰