Chapter 32

Author Pov

After getting ready in their fresh clothes, Ruhaan and Siya are now sitting together in their room as silence surrounds them. Siya glanced at him secretly, as she wanted to say something to him. Ruhaan also noticed her gaze from the corner of his eyes but didn't say anything.

Siya cleared her throat, and looking at him, she said, "Your bandages need to be changed." "It's ok; I will dress it after we reach home," he said while half lying on the cot and resting his head on the wall.

"How can you be so reckless about yourself, Ruhaan ji? It is necessary so that it doesn't get infected. Here I am worried sick about your health, but seeing you so relaxed and careless about yourself..." I stop as he shows me his palm, stopping me from further speaking.

Sitting straight and looking annoyed at me, he said, "Fine, I will do that, but please stop giving me lectures like a teacher." And taking the medical box from the side table, he starts removing his bandage but struggles as he can't find the knot. Rolling my eyes, I sat in front of him on the cot and removed his hand from the bandage. I unwrap the bandage carefully and start gently cleaning his wound.

"Tell me if you feel pain, and for your kind information, I am a teacher. I know why you do not want to change the dressing." I said it playfully. He gives me a confused look, and then, raising his eyebrows, he says dramatically, "And why is that?"

"Because you are scared of Dettol as it irritates badly," I whispered mischievously, winking at him, making him roll his eyes playfully, and he let out a chuckle, making me giggle.

"Namaste ji." I snapped towards the sound and saw Rupa standing there, smiling widely, with a plate in her hands. "Namaste bhaiya," she politely greets Ruhaan, who gives her a soft smile and nods his head.

"Here is your breakfast..." She placed the plate on the side table, then turning towards Ruhaan Ji, she asked, "I hope you are feeling better." "I am. Thank you for asking and helping me and my wife." He genuinely said it to her, making her smile. "Mention not," she shrugs off.

Moving her eyes to me, she asked, "How are you? Did you feel sick again after we went?" Hearing her, Ruhaan snapped his head towards me and looked at me with narrowed eyes, making me gulp in fear.

Oh, Rupa, please don't open your big, silly mouth and babble something stupid to him.

I mentally prayed to God, but suddenly Ruhaan ji asked her, "What happened to her?" "Nothing, just a headache," I immediately told him, but he didn't pay attention and again asked her, this time seriously.

"Nothing serious, bhaiya; it is completely normal in her condition. By the way, congratulations to you too." She sounds so happy and excited, unaware of the truth, making me roll my eyes as she can't stop smiling. "Normal?... Condition?? Congratulations for what?" Muttering to himself, he looks totally clueless and puzzled.

Looking at me confused, he raised his brows, asking me the meaning. But I just waved my hand nonchalantly and whispered, "She is like this only; ignore her." He looked at her smiling face and then at my nervous face.

As if Rupa was not enough to raise my stress level, Kaki Ji also enters the scene.

Making her way towards me, she smiled at me. I stand in front of her and bend down to touch her feet, but she swiftly makes me stand straight and starts scolding me, "What are you doing, silly girl? You should not bend down like this, right? And here I bought you these desi ghee laddoos; they are really healthy and very good for pregnant women. Take them with you."

Hearing her, Ruhaan Ji started coughing badly as his eyes were wide open. It made me laugh internally at his funny face, but I somehow controlled myself.