Chapter 53

Enjoy Reading...

***************************

At doctors cabin

Ruhaan looked at the doctor with an anxious look as soon as Siya left the room.

"Mr. Roy, it is a serious matter; that's why I sent your wife outside. The thing is, your wife has been taking drugs for a long time," I said. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at her in confusion.

Drugs? No, Siya can't be. This is impossible.

"What are you saying? I know my wife is not like this. She can never touch these things, let alone take them. There must be some confusion or something wrong with these reports," I told her, looking at her angrily. "It is on you to believe them or not. But this drug is harming her physically and mentally. You should not take this lightly," she informed me, looking at me.

Worry covered my face as I looked at my hand, which formed a fist, before again looking at her as she continued, "She can become barren if she takes it for a long time; if she is not barren, then she may face complications during her pregnancy. The heart and reproductive system are the main targets of this drug," I said, my heart falling into my gut in dread.

"The symptoms she was experiencing before are because of this drug, as her body is refusing its intake. But she said that she has suffered from these symptoms for a few days. I think her body started to accept them unwillingly. That is the main concern for us. I think she got addicted to it unknowingly," she sighs, sadly looking at me and waiting for my reaction. But I am still trying to process everything she just said.

I gulped hard to stop myself from losing control over my emotions. I looked at the doctor with a hopeful gaze. "What can we do to help her? There must be some cure or way to make her fine." Hope and fear are clear in my voice. I hope that everything will be okay, and I fear for her and for my Siya.

The doctor took a long, deep breath and said, "Of course, we are going to put her on medicine, but it is really on her as her body has already adapted to that poison, and it will take time. Her mental health will play a major role in this. She needs a happy and stress-free environment. Also, lots of care and love As the drug withdrawal process is very painful. The patient suffers from withdrawal symptoms like weakness, sudden changes in her mood, sudden weight loss or weight gain, etc., depending on the type and dose of drugs. Sometimes these symptoms can be life-threatening. So we have to be very careful with her. All I can say is to just keep her in a peaceful and happy place. I have written some medicine here; just give it to her on time." I nodded my head in a daze and took the paper she forwarded towards me, where she just wrote some medicines.

She put her arm on the table and said, "Personally, I think, Mr. Roy, she needs you the most during her hard time—your time, your love, and your presence. I know you are scared and worried for her, and I can clearly see love for your wife in your eyes. Don't worry; she will be fine soon. Just take care of her," she says, smiling at me, which I return with a small one of mine.

"And if she feels unwell or experiences any severe symptoms, immediately contact the hospital." I nodded my head at her and stood up to leave the room. After saying a small thank-you to her, I went out.

(I am not a doctor; I am a biology student, so please excuse my imagination.) It is just for entertainment, so please be kind to your author.

I closed my eyes with a sigh, and again opening my eyes, I looked at a moon sitting on the stairs of our backyard. I don't want to go into my bed when she isn't there. Just trust me, Siya. I don't want you to be away from me, but I have to be for you. I am really sorry for hurting you with my harsh behaviour.