Chapter 40

Enjoy Reading...

****************************

I was continuously fidgeting in my place and biting my lips in fear as my dear husband glared at me with his cold grey eyes.

"Ruhaan beta, have something." He removes his eyes from me as Ma comes with snacks and coffee for him. "Thank you." Smiling at her, he took the cup of coffee from the tray. She also sits down after putting the snack tray on the table.

They started talking about family, work, and all that. While I just observe his behaviour, he is now talking normally with Ma with a smile on his face.

'Is he still angry with me?' I came out of my thoughts as someone shook me. I looked to my right to see Pihu standing there, holding a chocolate bar in her hand, and looking at me with her puppy eyes. I narrowed my eyes at her and asked, "What's with that look?"

Instead of answering, she jumped directly onto my lap and kissed my cheek.

"I wanted to sit here," she said, chuckling at her cuteness. I pinch her nose gently, making her giggle. "Pihu, did you have your medicines?" Ma asked her, and she bobbled her head hurriedly. "Medicine? For what?" Ruhaan asked, looking at me. "Because madam has a fever," Ma replied while faking a glare at Pihu, who just poked her tongue at her to tease her.

Suddenly, guilt appeared on his face as he looked directly into my eyes for some time. "But she is fine now, right, doll?" I told him with an assured smile, and Pihu also nodded, showing her imaginary biceps to him. He chuckles as she pats her bicep in attitude.

"You all must be hungry. Let me set the dinner." Ma was about to stand up, but Ruhaan Ji stopped her. "Ma, there is no need. Don't trouble yourself; I just came to take Siya back," he politely told her. "I am letting you both go without dinner. After, you come here for the first time as a son-in-law." He looked at me for help, but I just shrugged it off helplessly.

Because she is not going to listen to anyone. She is very stubborn.

"Now, come on, kids, I am setting the table," she said, leaving us. We stay silent for a while before he clears his throat and is about to say something when Pihu moves. I looked down to find her dozing, hiding her face in my chest. Glancing at him, I said, "Let me put her on the bed first." He nodded. I stood with Pihu in my arms and went to Ma's room, as Pihu is staying with Ma until she is completely fine.

I came back and went to the dining room, where Ma and Ruhaan Ji were already sitting, and Ma was serving him while saying something that made him laugh softly. Seeing me standing near the door, Ma called for me to sit as well. I was about to sit in front of him, but he stopped me, holding my wrist, and gestured for me to sit beside him.

Ma smirked at me as she glanced at our intertwined hands. After serving myself, I also start eating.

"So, when can I expect to hear the good news?" Ma asked. I looked at her confused and whispered, "Good news?" Then suddenly, I realised what she was talking about. I looked at Ruhaan Ji, who was looking normal, and just smiled at her.

"Ma..." I gave her a disbelieving look and asked her to stop with my expression, but I choked on my breath and looked at Ruhaan with an open mouth as he said, "very soon, Ma, right Siya?" Then he dared to smirk, looking at me. Ma quickly shifted her excited eyes towards me and opened her mouth to say something, but I hurriedly stuffed my mouth with rice and focused on my food.

She just gave me a teasing smile, looking at my uncomfortable self, whereas Mr. Roy just enjoyed his state. After that, I didn't look at them; I just kept eating to avoid their mischievous gaze.