Chapter 42

Enjoy Reading...

*************************

Ruhaan Pov

"Sir, your lunch," "Please keep it there." I motioned towards the table on the other side as I was busy reading an important contract. After placing my lunch, the peon left my office.

After signing the contract paper I was reading, I kept it in the drawer and went to the washroom, attached to my office room, to wash my hands.

I was eating my lunch when a serious-looking Shaurya entered the room and sat on the single chair with a sigh. Placing the spoon on the plate, I wiped my hands and lips with a napkin before sitting straight with a confused face and asking him, "Why are you here right now? And what about the meeting?"

He let out a tired sigh and placed his iPad on the table.

"The meeting went well, but there is a problem," "What problem?" I asked. "Actually, the German clients wanted to visit our construction site there in Germany before finally signing the partnership deal."

"And?" "And you know one of us has to accompany them there to show them around, and I already have a conference to attend next week, and you know about Shruti." I nodded in understanding, as Shruti couldn't go there alone due to her health. I stand up from the couch and make my way towards my chair behind the table before taking my place.

"Don't worry about that; I will see that," I said before handing him the contract paper I was reading to cross-check. "And our architect sent some designs for Mr. Jones's hotel building. Here, have a look." After taking a look at all the designs on his iPad, we start discussing business.

After selecting a few designs, I told Karan to email the designs to Mr. Jones, PA.

"Ok, bro, I should go now," he said as he stood up and buttoned up his coat, ready to leave. "Wait, ask Shruti to email this month's financial report to me." "Ok, bye," and he went out.

I look at my watch to see it's 8:49 PM. I also collect my stuff, ready to go home. I called Karan and asked him to put my things in the car while I went for the last round on my floor.

"Good night, sir," Karan wished as he handed over my car key to me. "Good night," I said, starting my car and making my way towards home.

Siya Pov

I was laying in bed with my face buried in the pillow. I am so tired that even taking a breath seems like a big task. My bag was dumped upside down beside my head. After gathering some energy, I lazily stood up from the bed, and making a loose bun from my hair, I went to change my clothes.

"Arrey, Siya Beta, come sit with us," I said, smiling at Teena Aunty. I made my way towards her as all the ladies were gossiping. I sat on the floor near Mom and leaned my head against her knees. She started running her finger in my hair softly, making me moan and feel good.

"Where is Sara, Aunty?" I asked, not finding Sara there, as she is always present in the living room doing her work at this time. "She is in her room sleeping as she is not feeling well today." "What happened to her?" I asked out of worry.

"Nothing, just a headache. I give her medicine; don't worry. I am relieved to hear there is nothing serious. " Let me make tea for her and you all, too." I stand up to go but stop seeing Sara coming down in her crop top and sweats with puffy eyes.

"Sara, come. How are you now, beta?" Mumma asked her softly. Smiling at her, she sat beside her and told her she was fine now. "Sara, do you want tea or coffee?" She turned to face me and said, "There is no need, Siya; I am fine now."