Chapter 47

Enjoy Reading...

***********************

Author Pov

Everyone was having their breakfast and chatting.

"Bhai, have some dhokla. Bhabhi is specially made for you, right, Dadi?" Vivaan said with a teasing smirk, forwarding the plate to Dhokla.

"Vivaan!!" He just called him to stay silent through his eyes, making a cute face looking at Siya, but she just shrugged her shoulders in defeat. "Vivaan, keep quiet and eat your food," Masi Dadi said strictly, glaring at him. He started muttering, "Just because I am the youngest in the family, everyone scolds me. God is seeing all this," he said under his breath, making them smile secretly.

"Mumma, where is my shake?" Vivaan asked, "Oh, sorry, I forgot it in the kitchen. Go get it." "You sit; I will get it," Siya said, stopping him and going to the kitchen. Suddenly they heard a glass-breaking sound from the kitchen, making them rush into the kitchen to see Siya standing there holding the kitchen island while the glass pieces shattered near her feet with spilled juice.

She looked scared and panicked, and her body was trembling in fear. "Siya?" She was startled to hear Ruhaan and then sighed, closing her eyes as she saw Ruhaan. "God, I got scared," she whispered. "Careful, come from that side," he told her, helping her to walk while holding her hand near glass pieces.

"How do you manage to be so careless and clumsy whenever we leave you alone, huh?" He scolds her for checking her feet for cuts or injuries from glass pieces. "Nothing happened; don't worry," she told him slowly, as he was looking scary right now. "Sorry, na," she pouts. "Hell with your sorry," he muttered under his breath, glaring at her, then motioned towards the dining room, then followed her to the dinner table to join others.

Siya Pov

"Ruhaan Ji, I am not coming with you today for school," I told him as he was getting ready for the office. "Why?" He asked while searching for something in the drawers. "I applied for leave for a few days. I have not been feeling well for the last few days, so I decided to take a break from the job for a few days," I said, giving him his wallet, which he had been searching for before.

But he holds my hand and pulls me close to him while looking at me with cold and angry eyes, making me gulp invisibly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He narrows his eyes. "I didn't want to worry you while you were busy." "Wow, great. What a great and thoughtful person you are, dear wife! ..." Giving me a tight smile, he taunts me, "Seriously, Siya, what am I to you?" I looked down, feeling angry and sad at the same time. Angry for making his mood off. And sad, as I didn't mean to make him worry and just didn't want to disturb him while he was there for his work.

"I didn't mean..." I held his hands and tried to tell him, but got cut in the middle by him.
"We are husband and wife, not some strangers who live together under one roof. We promised ourselves to share everything, whether it was good or bad. But you—just leave it. Be ready in the evening; we are going to the hospital." He is right, but what can I do with my overthinking brain? He left the room after literally ordering me to be ready in the evening.

Cursing myself for my stupidity, I start arranging the things he messed up while finding his wallet. My eyes fall on his car keys that he forgot to take.
I took the keys and ran out of our room to collide with him as he was coming from another side. I winced, rubbing my nose, as my cute little nose hit his rock-solid chest a little hard, making me almost cry as tears formed in my eyes.

"Sorry! Sorry!! Are you ok?" He panicked, looking at my red nose and teary eyes. And he holds my face upward, looks at my nose, and gently strokes it with his thumb. Believe me when I say that it really made me forget my pain as he so lovingly and softly touched my nose. "Is it hurting?" He softly asked, looking into my eyes. I smiled and shook my head, saying, "Not anymore."