-I'll Be By Your Side Foster-

A/N: "By Your Side" Inparadise  (Sophie's 7 Yrs/ Keefe 8 Yrs.)  

Sophie's POV: 

Hold on, I still want you. Come back, I still need you.

Sadness, pain, feeling broken, the light fading into darkness. All I feel is just tears, after tears falling down my face. Just feeling so alone. No one here to make me feel better just alone to sob in the darkness. Everything is hopeless, nothing is full of happiness. It's all fallen down the drain unable to return.

My family. Dad, mom and Amy, my little sister, all gone. Lost their lives to a car accident. They were heading to Amy's opening night, but they didn't even make it. A police officer had called the house and I found out then. After the call finished, I burst into tears.

Can you hear me screaming PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!

Everything hurts. Like a ton.

Sitting on my bed clutching Ella in my arms as I sob and mourn in sadness. I can't move forward with what I was doing with my life. Nothing feels okay anymore. I can still remember my family's last words to me before they left me behind. I hold them dear to my heart. I just wish they didn't have to go so soon. I peak at my door it was open. Huh I don't remember opening it.

The next thing I know is warm arms wrap around me. They hold on to me like life depends on it. They hold on to me like they care. Giving me every piece of comfort my heart needs. My heart instantly knows who those arms belong too.

Keefe.

He just rubbed my back and comforted me while I cried. It's almost like magic in my mind. Like whenever I'm upset or troubled about something he suddenly appears and is ready to listen and comfort me. Keefe has always been there for me. Never leave me alone to suffer. Seems to me he just flat out ditched whatever he was doing and came straight for me.

"Foster. Just cry let it out." Keefe says. He kept holding me and rubbing my back and spoke soothing words to me. It felt good to release all the pain and hurt within myself. It won't fully go away but it felt good to know that my best friend was there. He's always been there for me. I love it so much.

"I...I... wi..wish they wer-were ssssstilll here." I choked between my tears.

"I know Foster I know." Keefe says knowingly. See he's the only one who ever understood me. Always been the one who listens to me. His home is broken apart and he knows how hard life can be. Then Keefe started singing gently.

"I'll never ever let you go. Or let you go thinking you're on your own. No, I won't give up, give up this fight. I promise I'll keep holding on to you for dear life. I'll be by your side; I'll be by your side. I'll be by your side. Through the darkest night. Even when it hurts It's us against the world. You'll find that I will be by your side."

I had stopped crying and was filled with warmth and a peaceful feeling in knowing everything was going to be okay.

"Thanks Keefe."

"Anytime Foster. I'm always here. For you."

-----Time Skip: 2 Years Later------

Over time I slowly got better over the pain, but it will remain in my heart as I just focus on my life and remembering my family. I've spent 7 weeks in the Foster Childcare Center and been placed around a few times. I finally was adopted to a loving home. At first it was weird since I was still coping with the loss of my family. I love Grady and Edaline Reuwen, they won't replace my family that I lost, they will fill another part of my heart with happiness. I love it here with them.