-Hey Are You Okay Foster?-

A/N: "A Whole New World" Cover: Riyandi Kusuma (Just wanted something peaceful for the chapter. 😉)

Sophie's POV: 

Today.... isn't starting so great. I woke up not feeling the greatest. I felt slightly achy and warmer than normal. I shrugged it off once I remembering I had an important test in Bronte's class. Which doesn't make it any better, cause I'm pretty sure he still doesn't like me. Getting ready with a frown. I first brush out my birds nest that is my hair. Once I finished my hair, styled in a simple braid. 

I get changed in a simple light blue Hollister T-shirt with black soccer shorts not really in the mood to be fancier than that since I'm not feeling the greatest anyways. Slipping on my purple converse and packing my bag for the day. I'll probably see if Edaline could check me out today. Since I have that test that affects our grade very heavily in my second period. 

I reluctantly drag myself out of my room. For breakfast I just have a protein shake, nothing else is sounding good. This day is going be bad that I wish I could just crawl in my bed and just stay there for the rest of the day instead of going to school. Pulling myself mostly together, I walk out the door to meet Dex at the bus stop. I pull out my iPod and ear buds and listen to some music. 

The bus eventually comes to our stop and just suddenly I feel a bit worse than before. Getting myself on the bus. I make my way to the back where I usually sit. Dex sits down next to me. 

"Hey you okay Soph?" Dex asks me with concern in his voice. "Eh not really. Woke up not feeling the greatest this morning. I think I might have Edaline come and check me out after the test in 2nd period." I say to him. "Oh gosh. Sorry your not feeling well." He says concerned for me.

"Yeah thanks. I'll try to make it through the first part of the day." I say groaning a little since I feel like crap. The bus comes to a stop as we arrive at the school. Ugh lets just get these first to periods over with already. I get off the bus dragging my feet a little bit. Feeling very hot and achy now as I slowly make my way over to the school. 

"Hey you sure you should have come today Soph? You seem like you feel worse." Dex asks me concern lacing his voice. "I need to sit down." I say to him feeling dizzy. He leads me inside and sits me down on a bench near the entrance of the school. 

"Soph. You probably should just text Edaline now and just have her take you home to rest. You probably shouldn't have come today." He says to me. I know but I got it in my head that the test was the main priority. Before I could respond to him everything starts to get a little fuzzy and I start to feeling like I need to puke. 

I manage to get out. "Dex. Can you go find Keefe?" I ask him he nods and I tell him I'll be in the bathroom for a minute. He dashes off to find Keefe and I run to the restroom. Making it just in time my breakfast found its way to the toilet. I finish but I sit by the toilet for a little longer just in case. Once I'm convinced I'm done. Flushing the toilet I walk out of the bathroom. 

Dizziness rushes over me a little bit. I sit down on the side of the hallway. Ugh. I really need him right about now. 

Keefe's POV: 

I was chatting with the friend group when suddenly Dex comes up to us out of breathe. "Whoa who took your breath away Dexy?" I say to him smirking. "No one in particular but Sophie sent me to find you Keefe." My smirk disappears noticing the panic on Dex's facial expressions. "Where is she? Is she okay?" 

"She's in the bathroom, came to school not feeling very well." After I heard those words I took off to go find her. I run and I find her sitting on the floor by the bathroom looking miserable. I walk up to her. "Oh Foster." She looks up and holds her arms out to me. I pick her up bridal style, and immediately notice how warm she feels. 

"Come on lets go down to Elwins and then we better get you home." Sophie doesn't protest but places her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. Must be tired. Walking down to the healing center. I place her down on a cot once we get there. "Oh hey Keefe. Is that Sophie?" Elwin says. 

"Yes. She's burning up and not feeling well." 

"Oh. Here let me see her. Why don't you contact her parents?" Elwin tells me. I pull out my phone to call Edaline. It gives me a couple of rings and then she answers. 

"Keefe. Do you need something?" She asks. "What are you doing right now?" I ask her. "Heading home from the Gym why?" She says confused. "Can you come by the school and pick Sophie up? She's not feeling well." I tell her. "Oh dear. Yes I'm on my way." She says concerned. "Perfect. I'll stay with her until you get here." 

"See you then." I hang up and go to sit with Foster. "How is she?" I ask Elwin. "Well seems to me she has a fever and the obvious classic symptoms so some good rest and a little medicine should help." "Thanks Elwin." 

"Did you tell her Mom?" He asks me. "Yes I did." He nods and walks into his office. I sit on the cot next to Sophie while she rests waiting for Edaline. Finally she arrives after 20ish minutes. "Keefe you good to carry her out to the car." "Yes." 

Gently I pick up Sophie in my arms and she stirs a little but stays asleep. I carry her out to the car and place her into her seat buckling her up. 

"I'll come by after school to check on her." I say to Edaline. 

"Nah. Just come with us. I need someone to be with her while me and Grady are at work." I hop into the car next to Sophie. Not worrying about school or anything. She's my main priority. 

-----------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, well, it still breaks the fan club rules. As penance, I'm getting you a tunic that says, Empaths Give Me All the Feels, and I expect to see you wear it twice as often as Bang's Boys'" -Keefe (Flashback)

*Yippy! Another update. :D Also this was kind of a filler chapter if I'm being honest.*

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183

Meme#36: Hehehe. Keefe will never like Bang's Boy.