Museum Date

You're finally back in your hometown to visit with family & for your family to finally meet the guy you've been seeing for the past year.

You decided to plan to do some of your favorite things you love to do at home, to show Austin around.

Today, you decided to go to your local history museum. It's a pretty well known one, as it has quite a few popular historical things. They currently have the Disney Heroes vs Villians costume exhibit, which you're super excited about as you love Disney & fashion.

After you had paid for the admission tickets, you made your way into the museum. You stopped into the exhibit first as you just couldn't wait.

You're greeted with the pink dress Lily James had worn in Cinderella, along with the Fairy Godmothers dress.

Austin smiled at you, as you were in awe, looking at the pieces as closely as you could without setting any alarms off or anything.

You moved along looking at everything, your hand intertwined with Austin's.

"Oh. My. God." you stopped in your tracks as you see Cinderella's ball gown. You've always loved this look, and seeing it in person just took your breath away. "I would do anything to wear that dress. It's so beautiful."

"Just like you. My Cinderella." Austin says, as he brings your hand to his lips to place a kiss.

"My Prince Charming." you smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Austin & yourself walked through the rest of the exhibit, of course you took photos of your favorite pieces from your favorite movies.

"Should I be a Sanderson sister for halloween this year?" you asked Austin, as you look at the costumes from Hocus Pocus.

"Only if you're the hot one." he responds.

"Sarah?"

"Yeah."

"I mean, she is my favorite one, so that's who I'd be."

"Then yeah, you should."

"Will you dress up as Billy Butcherson?"

"Isn't that the zombie?"

"Yes. Him & Sarah had a fling though, so it could be a cute couples costume."

"Maybe."

"Cmon, I've seen you go all out for Halloween. Can you do this for me pleeeaseeee?" you ask with a puppy dog face.

"That was more my ex that did but, alright. Anything for my princess. We'll have to find a party to hit up."

"Oh for sure, babe."

Once you finished in the exhibit, you walked around the museum. Hand in hand, of course.

"You know when I was a kid, I used to come here on field trips all the time. My dad would always be one of those parents who drove. It was weird if I ever went on a field trip without him." you mention. "He even somehow got away touching Kennedy's assassination car." you chuckled.

"That's great, baby. I'm glad you're able to have memories like that."

Since you have seen all the artifacts & such a million times, you weren't paying super close attention to everything, but Austin was. It really fascinated you by how much he loves history and gets so absorbed into learning about things.

You stand next to him, just smiling, being so in love with him, as he reads one of the little info boards.

"Hah, that's kinda funny. This E.T. video game was so bad that they buried whatever copies they didn't sell." Austin says intrigued.

"Yeah, I remember that."

Austin looks over to you, "Why such a pretty grin, baby?"

"Oh, nothing. I just love seeing you in your element."

"My element?"

"Yeah. I know how much you love history & learning things. I love seeing you really take in everything & take your time to read each little information thing."

"I guess I do love this kinda stuff, huh?"

"Mhm."

Eventually, you made your way to the car section of the museum.

"I don't know what kind of car that is, but that pink one up there, is my favorite." you say to Austin, pointing out this certain old car.

"Looks like something Elvis would drive." he replies.

"It does. It'd be a dream to have a car something like that."

"Maybe one day we'll get one."

"Yeah? You think?"

"If I can find a perfect looking & perfect running one, you got it."

"Ugh, you're the best. I can imagine all the fun car rides now. The top down, wind blowing through our hair, blasting our favorite Elvis tunes that we like to listen to together as we drive down the coast. Sounds absolutely perfect."

"Yeah, I do like the sound of that."

Before heading home, you stopped at the 50s themed diner for some lunch. 'Sleepwalk' by Santo & Johnny plays in the background from the jukebox.

Austin reaches over the table and grabs your hand, rubbing his thumb over yours.

"Thank you for today, y/n. This was a really great way to get away from everything & to just spend quality time with you." he says.

"Of course, baby. This week has been one of the best so far. I've loved getting to show you around where I'm from. Did you enjoy the museum?"

"Yeah, yeah I did." he smiles. "When I saw this family walking around with their little girl, made me think of our future together. I know we've only been together for a year, but I really do see a future with you. Getting married, having a little girl of our own. Id love to take our own little family here someday."

"You thought about that too? I'm so glad we're on the same page. I want a future together with you & I definitely see it for us. I can't wait. I love you, Austin. So much."

"I love you too, y/n. Forever."

——————————————————————