Mistletoe

It's finally the holiday season & you and your boyfriend, Austin, have your apartment all decorated.

Austin sneakily hung up mistletoe in the door way between the living room and hallway, & has been trying many attempts to get you underneath it since.

Attempt number one:

You're currently sitting on the couch watching your favorite show. Austin comes out of the bedroom with a new outfit on.

"Baby, what do we think?" he asks you.

"I love it, honey! You look so handsome."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm."

"Handsome enough for a kiss?"

"Yes, of course. But I don't feel like getting up, so I owe you one."

Austin rolls his eyes and walks back to the bedroom.

Attempt number two:

Austin wakes up in the morning without you beside him, as you were up before him for a change.

He gets out of bed and stands in doorway waiting for you to come out of the bathroom. Austin really feels confident that this could be the time where he can snag that mistletoe kiss. He's shirtless, and he knows you can't resist not being all over him in the morning when he wakes up like that.

"Oh good morning, Aus. Sorry, no time for a kiss. I forgot I have an early work day. I love you!" you say walking out of the bathroom, before heading out the door.

"Love you too!" he says before muttering, "Goddamnit." to himself.

Attempt number three:

You walked out the bedroom, your eyes glued to your phone as you're still checking messages after just waking up. You lean against the wall in the door way, just stopping to scroll.

"Alright, third times a charm." Austin thought to himself.

Austin started walking towards you from the kitchen.

"Oh! Hi baby!" you heard him walking towards you, so you went to go meet with him.

You gave him a kiss good morning but not where he wanted.

Attempt number four:

Austin is giving up and is going to get his kiss one way or another. He decides to put his acting skills to use.

"Y/N! COME QUICK! I NEED YOUR HELP!" he shouts.

"Oh my god, Aus! What's wrong?!" You ask him running out of the bedroom.

"I'm stuck! I can't move! These berries that are above me have put a curse on me! I can't move from this spot until I have true loves kiss!" he says, faking agony.

"You want a kiss under the mistletoe? Where did that even come from?"

"Yes, I would very much love one! I think that would help me get away from here!"

"God, you're such a dork. Come here."

You bring him in by cupping his face & giving him a kiss. He puts his hands on your face doing the same.

"Finally." Austin says.

"How long has that mistletoe been there?" you ask him.

"Since we decorated."

"That long?"

"Yeah! And I've been trying to get you under here since."

"Well, now you have me. Happy?"

"Mhm." and with that, he kisses you this time. The kiss he's been waiting for what felt like forever.

—————————————————————————