Playing Nurse

This one was requested by lovingelvisp !

Feel free to leave requests in comments or dms, and I'll add them to my list!

—————————————————————

Its currently 8:30 AM on your day off. Normally, you'd be sleeping in & Austin would let you, but you were woken up him coughing.

"Babe, you okay?" you ask him half asleep.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine." Austin responds to you, as he sits on the side of the bed, letting out another cough, this one worse than the other.

"Are you sure? That doesn't sound good. Maybe you should call off?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'm good to go to work. I promise."

He leans back to kiss your forehead. You place your hands on his cheeks, then his forehead.

"Austin, you're burning up. Even your lips felt extra warm. Lay back down, let me go get the thermometer."

"No, no." He coughs more. "I'm fine, y/n."

"No, you're not. You stay there. I'll be right back."

You come back from the bathroom where you kept the thermometer.

"Seriously, babe? Do I have too?" Austin asks.

"Yes, seriously."

You turn on the thermometer & place it under his tongue. A couple minutes later it beeps when it's done.

"100.3 fever. See, you're not fine. You need to stay home & rest."

"But it's an important shoot day." he tries to fight you on going to work.

"I'm sure they'll understand. They wouldn't want you getting anyone else sick, plus you won't be able to deliver your lines when you're coughing every 10 seconds."

"You're right. I'll call them."

"Thank you. Do you feel any other symptoms besides the cough?"

"Not right now."

"Alright. I'll get you some cough medicine & some hot tea. Want anything else?"

"Cuddles?" he says with his cute puppy dog look.

"Of course, baby. I'll be right back."

You go downstairs into the kitchen & fix him up some tea with honey, grab a water bottle from the fridge, and some medicine from the cabinet before heading back upstairs.

"Here you go, baby. Some medicine to help the cough and the fever, some tea, and water."

"Thanks babe. It really means a lot, you taking care of me."

"Oh honey, of course. I love you so much, and all I want is for you to feel better, so I'll do whatever I can to make that happen." you say, as you get back to bed, cuddling up with him.

"I love you too, y/n. So so much. You're everything to me. Truly."

"I feel the same about you, Aus."

"Thank god you're off today. I don't know what Id do."

"You would've been okay, I would have called off myself to be with you."

"Nah, I wouldn't have let you."

"And I would say, 'Fuck you, I don't care. Im staying home with my baby.'"

"Yeah, that sounds about right. Shit, we probably shouldn't cuddle. I don't wanna get you sick."

"It's fine, Aus. I'm sure either way, I'll get sick too. Then it'll just be your turn to take care of me."

"And you know damn well I'll drop everything to do so."

"I know." you smile before placing a kiss on his chest. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah. We can watch a whole ton. We got all day. What do you want to watch?"

"You pick first since you're the sick one."

"Hmm, how about...Jailhouse Rock?"

"Perfect."

Austin grabs the remote from the nightstand & turns the TV onto the movie.

At one point during the movie, you both doze off into a nap while wrapped in each other's arms.

After a few hours had passed, for lunch, you make Austin some homemade soup from his moms recipe book he kept.

"You're the absolute best, babe. How did you know I wanted this?" he asks, as you're handing it to him in bed.

"I just know you that well, that's all." you smile at him. "Did I give you enough crackers?"

"Yeah, it's perfect. Thank you, darlin."

"Of course."

The rest of the day you stay cozied up in bed watching all your favorite movies. Even though you hate seeing Austin sick, it's been a nice break from everything, and you both just got to relax & enjoy your day together.

—————————————————————————