Moving In

Today is finally the day. Moving day.

You & your fiancé of 2 years, together for 5 years, finally have gotten a place of your own. Although you moved in with him after a couple years, this place is was picked out by the both of you, making it feel like it's both of yours rather than just his.

The house is in a very secluded area, with of nature. Austin wanted somewhere away from
the big city of Los Angeles but still close enough to it for work.

The place is huge, with lots of windows for natural sunlight. Walls are all white, giving a fresh, clean feel.

"Where do you want this?" A mover asks Austin, carrying a big framed movie poster for King Creole.

"That'll go in the living room with the TV." Austin directed them.

Between you, Austin, his sister, brother in law, and the movers, you got everything moved into the new house fairly quickly.

"I don't even know where to start with unpacking." you say to Austin, looking at the boxes everywhere.

"Um, Id say the kitchen since we'd definitely be needing that stuff the soonest." he replies.

"That's true. Have you heard from the company we're getting the new couches from?"

"Nope. I've called multiple times, and nothing."

"That's so frustrating. I was hoping we'd have a couch to sit on tonight."

"I know. At least the dining room table should be here tomorrow."

"I hope so."

"While you get started in the kitchen, I'll get the TV set up. I'm glad that got installed already."

"Thank god."

You start unboxing the kitchen stuff. Putting away all the pots & pans, all the dining wear.

"Oh nooo." you say in a sad tone.

"What's wrong babe?" Austin asks from the other room.

"The handle broke off on the mug we got from our New York trip."

"Is that the only thing wrong with it?" he asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"I can sand off the access on the cup part and make it all smooth. Then we can get a succulent or something to put in it. Make it into a planter."

"Oh you're so smart. That's a good idea. I'll put it to the side."

"Everything else okay?"

"So far. Hopefully that's the only thing."

"I was thinking..."

"Yeah?"

"What if we set up the fireplace tonight, order a pizza, and have a little picnic in the living room?"

"That sounds perfect, baby. Do you know where the blankets are?"

"Yeah, well, one of them. That big navy one was in the box with the living room stuff."

"Perfect. Is the TV set up with all our apps?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Beautiful."

The two of you finish unpacking in the kitchen. Getting that done felt like a huge weight was lifted off your shoulders, even though you still have the whole house to do.

"We should probably do the bedroom next. At least getting the bed set up." you say to Austin.

"Right, we'll need somewhere to sleep tonight."