Crushing

"The warden threw a party in the county jail. The prison band was there and they began to wail. The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing. You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing. Let's rock."

'Jailhouse Rock' blared through the speakers as you sat in front of Austin, rehearsing the '68 Comeback Special.

You were an extra on the set of the new Baz Luhrmann film, 'Elvis'.

Being an actress is your dream, and you hope someday you get to star in your own movie someday like Austin is.

Before going to work on the film, you had went through and watched all of Austin's filmography, which just ended up making you form a huge crush on him.

Now seeing him in person the past few days in rehearsals, and will only continue to see him until filming is is over, the crush keeps growing stronger. You feel absolutely head over heels in love with this man.

As you rehearsed with him, he would flash you smile & winks. In character of course, but they still gave you all the butterflies.

The song had ended and Baz had called it a wrap for the day.

You went over to the set of bleachers that were set up & grabbed your stuff.

Before you got to be on your way out the door, that tall, handsome, brunette man stopped you in your tracks.

"Hey, y/n, right?" Austin asks you.

"He knows my name???" You thought in your head.

"Yeah. Austin, right?" you say jokingly.

"Haha, yeah. Well anyways, I just wanted to say you were uh- great, today."

"Oh, no. That was you. I'm nothin' special, just a little ol' extra."

"No, really. You took direction from Baz really well. I mean, sure the others did too, but you've really been doing well."

"Well, thank you. It's been my dream to be an actress since I was a little girl. Ive been studying it my whole life I feel like."

"Oh, wow. Really? Well, if you ever need help of any kind, you can come to me. I would love to help you out."

"That's so sweet. Thank you, Austin."

"Of course."

You were about to walk away until he distracts you again.

"Hey, uh, y/n. Um, Id be lying if I said I hadn't been crushing on a pretty lady like yourself these past few days."

"Oh? Do I know this pretty lady like myself?"

"I think you do, actually. I'm looking right at her. Right into her y/e/c eyes."

"Hmm. I think this lady you're talking about is me?"

"Yeah." he smiles shyly.

"Well, I'm flattered. And if I'm being completely honest, I'd be lying if I said I haven't been crushing on you for awhile."

"Oh really?"

"Mhm. Even before rehearsals."

"You do say."

"Haha, yeah. I may have watched your whole filmography after getting the job."

"I'm honored that someone would be willing to do such a thing. Maybe we can talk more about this over dinner?"

"Sure. Id much rather go on a date with you than my couch." you giggle.

Austin chuckles, "Alright, well, it's a date. I was thinking we could go right now if you want? There's a great steakhouse down the road if you're good with that."