The Dream Realm

Sorry for the late update, I kinda injured my thumb and couldn't type. And let's face it, that shit hurt. Anyway, here ya go haha

CLAIRE'S POV

"I'm kinda really freaked out right now." I stated, eyeing Valdus with extra caution. Valdus chewed on his granola bar without a care in the world as Atticus sat, staring at my cautious figure. I needed comfort. I needed Valdus to make one of his jokes right now, it was necessary. He swallowed the last bite of his granola bar.

"If you think that I can help you, you're wrong. Only one person can provide the comfort you need right now." He muttered with a smile. His fangs never went away, but his eyes had faded back to their original color minutes before. They don't stay red.

"Oh? And whom might that be?" I asked, a bit confused and interested. Valdus sent me a smirk and patted Atticus on the back. He then proceeded to walk out of the room. I shrunk back into the headboard. He couldn't have meant Atticus, could he? How was he supposed to comfort me? All he ever does is creep me out and eat all of the poptarts.

Although, he does have that rugged biker look, he is quite kind. For a kidnapper that is. I looked at him as he got up and closed the door. He didn't lock it. My nerves calmed a bit.

He looked at me cautiously. Observed me, more like it.

"You're not going to throw this chair at me if I try to explain, will you love?" He asked me slowly as I looked away. No promises. I nodded, not meeting his eyes as he sighed. He knew that it wasn't guarunteed, but he took what he could get. He stood at the edge of the white bed and ran a hand over his face.

"It all wasn't real." He stated as his eyes stared straight into mine. Way to drop a bomb. Something stirred inside of me as I looked away at the wall. It wasn't real? What crap was he trying to feed me?
"It wasn't real?" I asked, observing him as he sighed once again. He seemed to do that a lot when he had trouble doing something. He also liked to run his fingers through his black hair, which made his tattoos more exposed.

"Well, yes- but no." He winced as I glared. I nodded my head and made a forward motion with my hand.

"Go on, you're making me even more confused. If that's even possible." I muttered as he chuckled. He took a seat at the edge of the bed, somewhat close to my feet. I felt his presence awaken something deep inside of me, which wasn't helping me focus at all. What is that? It felt like something was on fire inside of me. As if at any moment, I could erupt into flames and die. But in a good way.

He got up and eased his way back to the chair. My head shot up as he stared at me.
"I figured that you would have trouble thinking, love. Since the bond is getting stronger." He stated. Then again, that cocky little smirk took form as I scowled. I will admit, I had no idea what he was talking about, but he was right about one thing. I had trouble thinking when he was around. I was so distracted that I probably missed a sentence or too. I looked away, heat crawling its way to my neck.

"Continue the freaking explanation please." I stated more than asked as he stared at me. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but chose against it.
"You never left this house. It was all, how do you say, an illusion?" He asked nobody in particular.

"A dream realm!" I could hear Valdus shout from somewhere in the house. I furrowed my bushy nonwaxed eyebrows. When was the last time I had gotten them done? Probably the day that I got kidnapped. Well saved. Although I don't really know which is worse. I remember getting polished and pampered that morning before I went to the ball. My first real ball alone, without my mother.