Killing Two Birds With One Stone

Claire's POV

                       He throws up a green liquid into the floor with chunks of what looks like- tuna? I pat his back awkwardly as I glance around. Two dead corpses in one room, and another (without a hand of course) in the room that I had just come from. These people must be really dense if they haven't noticed that I escaped yet. They should have checked up on me by now, and found her body, hopefully sounding the alarm or whatever. But instead, all I hear is the retching of this man in front of me. No alarms.

                  After a while of dry heaving, he shakily lifts his hand up and wipes at his mouth hastily. I wrinkle my nose in disgust and get out of my crouching stance.

                    "I had to do it. I had to get revenge." He says in a broken voice. I nod and glance at the dead women.

                  "I loved her." He whispers as he sits there shaking. I purse my lips and glance at his dead mate.

                 "She's beautiful." I say, because even if she is dead- I can still see it radiating off of her. He nods.

              "She is."

                   That's all that there is to say.

I'm quiet as I form a plan in my head. I cannot keep walking around this building terrorizing people until I reach the top floor. Watch me. I sigh to myself and catch myself feeling grief. But I can't, not when they do this for a living. Not when they torture innocent people like him- him and Adelle. 

                "God-God I hate fish." He says eyeing his puke in disgust. I do the same for a second, but look away.

               "They forced it down my throat you know." He adds in for good measure. I swallow my saliva.

               "Why are you telling me this?" I ask him, shuffling around the room to the torture table. The table that has so many weapons and torture devices. And- walkie talkies? That's odd, but useful. As long as they don't have any trackers in them, what's the harm? I grasp one of the black walkie talkies.

                  "Because." He says, stopping for a second.   "Because you look sad. You look like you're not all in it to make these people pay. That you're just here out of coincidence- and you know this is all wrong, what they're doing is wrong- but you'd rather not be the one getting revenge. Like you don't care-" he rants, running his hands through his blonde hair. I turn around and face him abruptly. I cut him off.

                  "Like I don't care?!" I hiss out through clenched teeth. "You don't know shit about me and hell- do I look like I fucking know you? So why in hell would I watch you rip that woman's spleen out if I don't care. Why would I follow your screams and help you if I don't care. Why the fuck would I even be trying to escape if I don't care?!" By the end of the sentence, I'm yelling and he's flinching back a bit. I'm being harsh- a man that just lost his mate is being screamed at. And I can't seem to shut up.

                  "Newsflash-" I say silently. "I do care. And by the end of all of this- I'm probably gonna walk out a monster." My bottom lip trembles, but I bite it and harden my eyes. "If I even come out at all." I finish. But I know that I have to come out alive- and if I even risk my life a little bit, Atticus will be here to help me. He won't let me slip away. He's on his way right now, to save me. But I want to save myself. My vision blurs. I want to be my own hero. I'm sick of obeying everyone and waiting around for an order. Especially after going through it for seventeen years of my life with my mother. I'm sick of obeying. I will not bow down to anyone- and that's a promise.