One Prophecy Two Verses

Claire's POV

            "If I tell you- what do I get out of it?" Valdus says, taking a bite out of a crunchy green apple. I narrow my eyes at him, eyeing the sword on his hip. He was still under Atticus's charge- still his knight. I sigh and lean my hip onto the kitchen island. Standing was starting to make my feet ache- but that dull ache didn't matter much at this moment.

           "If you tell me- you'll get to keep the worm that you call a penis attached to the in between of your hips." I say menacingly. Am I still a bit hurt that he betrayed me? Maybe. Maybe I'm just wounded at the fact that he ate my last box of cherry pop tarts- I'll let him decide.

"I was just joking." He mumbles dejectedly.

Merlin runs his hand down his face- bags underneath his eyes. I eye him up and down.

           "What's eating you?" I ask in interest. "Weren't you just energetic like an hour ago?"

          "My little Adelle is a bit of a demon." Merlin sighs as he takes a seat at the kitchen island. I turn my attention back at Valdus as he eyes me down.

             "You know- I'm glad you're back-" he starts, but I cut him off.

             "The prophecy." I say, crossing my arms against my chest. My breasts push up, and I feel Atticus's intense eyes drop to my chest area. His eyes hooded with lust- his eyes return to mine as I drop my arms from that area. This chat seems to be dragging on longer than we would have expected, but I see him reign in the madness and replace it with the patience and cool exterior that he usually has. Valdus let's out a loud exaggerated sigh.

         "You know- if you hadn't burned the bed, we would have been able to tell you about the prophecy." He continues to keep the prophecy to himself. I turn my attention to Merlin and plant my ass right back on the stool.

            "Well it seems like thumbellina isn't gonna tell me anything about the prophecy. You speak. I want to hear it from you." I say to Merlin. He chuckles.

            "Why not hear it from Atticus?" He asks, putting his cheek in the palm of his hand. I shrug.

           "Honestly- he'll get distracted half way through the prophecy." I say as Atticus's lip tilts up in amusement. Merlin lifts an eyebrow and glances at Atticus.

          "Well he ain't denying it, girl." He says. He eyes my mom down and with a short pause, opens up his mouth again.

         "Glad that you got crazy lady under control." He let's out a whistle.
"I haven't spoken on what the prophecy foretold in ages. Last time I did- well, a certain vampire I know-" he glances at Atticus quickly, but I manage to catch it. "Went a little crazy with discovering the meaning. Especially since part of it was about you." He finishes, scratching the beard on his chin. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Part of it?" I question. Wow, newsflash Claire- it isn't all about you. I rub my chin as I stare in interest. Merlin pauses, and then continues on without answering me.

"If you want- I can just tell you it and you can do what you want with that information. Or- I can tell you and give you a little backstory of who else it's about." He says, giving me the option to choose. I stare for a couple of seconds blankly- and then I make up my mind.

"Backstory too, please." I smile as he nods quickly.

"There are two verses- two verses, one for each person." He says.