The Glamor-ous Life

Happy Mother's Day!!!!! Here you guys go:

Claire's POV

This was not the lush life I was expecting. You'd expect a royal villain to be living in a glamorous life with all those peoples lives that they ruin- but this was not what I was expecting at all.

"Huh." I say in thought.

"Plot twist." Merlin adds with a snap.

Pushing open the ugly metallic doors, poison ivy is growing, snaking its was up the walls. Valdus yelps.

"I'm allergic to that shit." He whispers, eyeing it warily. Merlin rolls his eyes and whispers 'drama queen'. My eyes take in this royal dump before me.

Dull gray tattered curtains cover the two very small widows, but sunlight still manages to peak throughout the tiny moth eaten holes. The floor is a ruined cherry wood- probably already rotting. I take a step forward, cautiously, and it creaks loudly.

"Announce your arrival with a war horn why don't you." Valdus mutters, I whip my head towards him and give him my Steel look- making sure I don't look away until he shrinks away in fear.

"What have they done to our poor, sweet, innocent, annoying-" he starts whispering to Merlin as I roll my eyes.

"I can hear you, idiot." I say, observing the place some more. Trying to find Atticus in this tiny room.

"It's so small... like an attic." Merlin observes, probably feeling as wary as I was.

Something flickers in front of my eyes, and I jump back, squealing. Valdus goes into panic mode at my squeal and uses Merlin as a shield.

"Take him, not me! I'm too young to die!" He says clutching onto Merlin's coat for his dear life. I do the honors of smacking the back of his head this time- so hard it actually could have dented his thick skull.

He grins sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

"I was just joking, baby-" he says to Merlin, but shuts up with the look he gave him.

"What scared you, child?" Merlin asks with a frown. I just observe the place even more intensely. It flickers again- and this time, I just watch.

"Look around." I say, furrowing my eyebrows. Valdus twirls his head around, eyeing everything- possibly even the mouse holes. Merlin just keeps staring at me.

"What's missing?" I ask, putting two hands on my hips.

"Well, for one- medhead redhead, she's obviously gotta be on drugs, isn't here. Neither is Atticus." Valdus says crinkling his nose. "And the sunlight radiating through the curtains is yellow- the sun in this dimension is purple. So that right there tells me something big." He says eyes widening.

"We just walked into an entirely different dimension!" Valdus states proudly, probably thinking highly of himself.

I was so glad that I was about to crush his super sleuthing skills. I grin a serpent smile.

"No you baboon. This place is glamoured." I say sniffing the air.
"I can literally smell his Cologne. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to smell that from a whole dimension away." I say dryly as Merlin starts to laugh at Valdus's expression.