Important veins

"The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him." —Garrett Fort

Edited somewhat

Claire's POV

                                          Im awake.

Those two words alone spread relief within me. I have a god awful taste in my mouth as my eyes dart around, taking in my pitch black surroundings.
I curse my groggyness, irritated by my disorientation and lack of memories. Why can't I wake up like those girls in the books and have my breath minty fresh in the mornings? That sounded too good to be true, but even if it could be possible, I wouldn't have such luck. I feel sluggish and weak, pulse starting to thrum faster at the thought of being somewhere unknown.

I usually wake up early in the morning and brush my teeth before my mother scolds me, knowing how much I resemble a raccoon as soon as I awaken. This was not something I could do at this moment— my eyes are bloodshot, my face is oily and my hair feels frizzy; sticking onto the sweat of my neck. This always happens when I sleep for a while, but I'm usually able to avoid looking like this for more than an hour. This was not one of those times.

The darkness cocoons the room, and I can slightly make out the outlines around me. That wasn't much of a relief because it made me even more creeped out. They all looked like outlines of creatures which made the blood drain from my face in fear. I wasn't very fond of the dark, everyone who spent enough time to even pay attention to me knew that much. My mother occasionally would even scold me when she found my light on in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep with the light off, creatures would lurk in ever corner and crack in my room— as if I had schizophrenia.

Except, this wasn't my room. I took a closer look at my surroundings. My memories usually take a few seconds to process in my mind when I awake from slumber. It took me a moment for flashes of last nights events to come rushing to me. 'Creepy disturbing rape guy. Red eyed guy who saved me and didn't kill me. Red eyed guy smiling an evil smile to the old man and telling him that he would enjoy it. Guy with red eyes  and fangs ripping out one of creepy old rapist's organs and me passing out.'

                                                            Okay, that much settles it, fangs guy kept me and is going to kill me. Or worse.

Thoughts started going through my head, awful images of me getting killed by this wanna be vampire guy, even worse, tortured. No, I couldn't let that happen. I had a life to live. I started to get up but quickly noticed that I was restricted by chains that were around my neck, arms, legs, and even waist. Okay, this is a bit much. Maybe he was taking precaution? 'Oh yeah, like I had a hidden gun in my heels' I think to myself sarcastically.

This was insane, I have to get out of this place. I start hyperventilating as I hear footsteps aproach the wooden door. They sound heavy, like a man or a really big woman. I spot a window to my right, moonlight wasn't flooding in because of the curtains. The dark blue curtains blended in with the walls, which made me think at first that it was the wall. I start to struggle to get to the window— chains still pulling me down, my breaths coming down to rasps. The chains made a rattling sound, making me stop my movements.

Oh my god, I feel like I'm swallowing my tongue. I know this feeling, I get it all the time. I couldn't have a panic attack at a time like this. Sweat beads started forming on my forehead, effects of my anxiety. My breath was coming out short and my chest was heaving up and down in panic. The footsteps were getting closer as tears were escaping my eyes. No, I'm not going to cry. That's weak and I don't want to be labeled as weak.

                                                          The footsteps stopped at the door and suddenly I felt sick to my stomache. I held down the bile and shut my eyes tightly, in attempt to look asleep to the wanna be vampire. Obviously that wasn't going to work, seeing as my tears would be a give away. My mind tried thinking of multiple ways to make it seem as if I were asleep.

I had to look more relaxed and breathe evenly. I held my eyes shut but loosened my hold on them and started to atleast try to calm down my breathing. I was thankful that this guy couldn't see me in the dark, that would be the death of me. I heard the wooden door creak open as I held my breath. I hear a masculine chuckle as footsteps approach the bed I was chained to. I felt something ice cold stroke my cheek. Finger i quickly realize. I resist the urge to shiver and kept my eyes closed.

                                                    "I know you're awake." His deep voice stated, in a taunting tone. I keep my eyes shut, clamping down my eyelids even tighter now. He couldn't know that I was awake for sure, could he? I hear him sigh as he started trailing his fingers and palm against my face, carressing it. He then proceeds to trail his hand down to my neck and rub his thumb over a certain spot on my neck. He leans in and for a miserable second, I assume he was going to kiss me. That was until of course he moved his head towards my neck. He neared the spot that he was rubbing with his thumb and licked it. I stiffened at the touch, the assault.

He hesitated to leave that spot and gave it up to his thumb, to keep rubbing it. He leaned towards my ear and whispered.

                                                "I don't want to play this game, the sooner you open your eyes, the sooner I unchain you." His low deep voice traveled like music to my ears and I somehow did the most idiotic thing that I could.

I open my eyes, looking straight into his deep brown eyed sincere gaze. Where did his red eyes go? He smiled at my decision to reveal that I was awake while I just mentally face palmed. I had revealed that I was awake and he could use that to his advantage. I should've kept pretending to be asleep. Something about his guy, he felt like home. Comforting? Impossible, he's a kidnapper and a murderer. But nonetheless, my body responded well to his touch.

As soon as I relaxed under his touch, I immediatley stiffen in realization, making him frown.

                                           His thumb was rubbing something of importance to me. He licked something of importance to me. He had just assaulted, and still is assaulting, one of my important veins on my neck.

The wannabe vampire is rubbing my jugular vein, attracted to my pulse. Was that normal? Of course not. So then, obviously my reaction to all of this is normal.

I turn my head very swiftly and clamp my teeth down on his finger, biting it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                         HEY GUYS! I finally updated! So, I know he probably seems like a big creep but, just wait until the next chapter for everything about his creepiness to be explained. Thanks for reading! I hoped you enjoyed. Love yall.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT!!!