Deer not beer

Claire's POV

Ew, there is school today.

I mean, it's not that bad, since I'm homeschooled. Well, it's technically called cyber school. Mother didn't want other kids to influence me badly. I don't want to wake up.

I mean, I'm obviously awake at the moment, but I feel like today is gonna be a good day. How do I know that? Well, it's raining. In any other circumstances, I would hate rain, but today is different. I love waking up to the relaxing sound of rain. Usually it casts this gloomy feel over me, but this is different. Either that, or it's the fact that I'm burning with blush. Do I feel butterflies in my stomach? No, it feels more like fire. Is that normal?

Geez, relax Claire. He gave you a chocolate bar, not a wedding ring.

"Don't lose hope yet child."

Merlin's teasing voice sounded throughout my mind. I groaned and squeezed my eyes, hoping to shut his voice out.

"You're annoying in the mornings. Why don't you just text me like a normal wizard?" I asked out loud, kind of croaking in my morning voice.

                 "Well, good morning to you too. And nope. This way you can't ignore me like you ignore text messages."

                  Again, his voice seemed to be teasing.

              "What do you want?" I asked, sighing. Couldn't a girl enjoy the bliss of memories without a nosy wizard teasing her about it? Is that too much to ask?

                   "You wound me. Aren't BFF's supposed to enjoy each other's presence?"

                  He asked, sounded a bit offended.

                 "The opposite, really." I murmured.
          "Anyway, what do you want?" I asked him, hoping to get a couple more minutes of shut eye.

                     "To teach you. " He replied. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling a bit relaxed now that I had my fellow tweezers back. Back in holdrex, I had bushes as eyebrows.

                       "Teach me?" I asked. I waved the question off.
                       "Cyber school does that for me." I said smiling, and snuggling up to my silk pillow. I heard Merlin sigh, was he impatient?

                       Suddenly, the blankets were ripped off of my body, and freezing cold water splashed on me. Gasping and springing out of bed, I opened my eyes wide. Nobody was in my room.

                   But yet- there was a bucket hovering in the air, and my comforter on the floor. I was frozen in fear.

                  "Merlin, please tell me that's you." I pleaded. I heard him snicker, and I automatically knew his response. I placed a hand over my heart, and soaking wet shirt.

                     Now get up, time for lessons.

               His voice rang out in my head again. I quickly looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was seven AM. I winced.

                    "Class doesn't start until eight." I pointed out, a bit aggravated that I was soaked head to toe in ice water. I was shaking a bit at the cold feeling. As I child, I wasn't really good with cold things. Does that explain why I didn't get along with mother? I'm kidding, I hope that mother didn't hear that. Wait, it's not like she can read my thoughts. Real dumb moment Claire. I massaged my temples as Merlin's voice rang out again.