I Get a hand print

Claire's POV

I easily tug myself off of the metal slab, the metal restraints bending with me. My fire only sparked slightly to life, but the heat emanating from my body was enough to make the metal into slight liquid form. I instantly wince as I look at the red marks on my wrist. There's no time to think about injuries- I walk to the doorway and stand patiently. I'm waiting for someone to open the door, and biting my fingernail.

The footsteps are getting closer now, and my heart starts to beat fast. Well, faster than it was before. I take calming breaths, realizing that if I have a panic attack at a time like this- then I'll just have to wait for Atticus. And that wasn't an option for me. I don't want to keep sitting around waiting for a man to save me, I want to save myself. And I don't want to keep getting kidnapped by Atticus's royal brat of an ex. So I'm going to put an end to her. Although they technically weren't dating- I shake my thoughts away.

My naked body is starting to shake, and I'm feeling queasy. I bite my dry bottom lip as the footsteps stop outside of the door. I shuffle to the side silently, praying that they don't see me when they walk through the doors. The doors click and slide open as three people in lab coats strut past me. Two women, and one man. I grit my teeth as the door closes- knowing that I can't take the chance of being stealthy and escaping without killing. These people have to die. A glimpse of Adelle flashes in my mind, and that only fuels my fire even more.

They're so focused on talking with eachother about a new test subject a couple floors down, that they don't realize that I'm not on the metal slab. Oh, but when the do, they freeze for a good five seconds- holding their breath. I glide towards them, and stop right behind the blonde slender female.

They all turn quickly, probably to sound the alarms, but stop once they see me. I give her a sly smile and glance at her hand.

"Hello." I nod, greeting her politely.

And then I whip my naked calf up in the air and kick her in the face.

                    She obviously wasn't expecting the kick, seeing as she stumbled back into the metal slab. I mean, it wasn't even a powerful ninja kick- it was just something to shake things up. It obviously worked, seeing as the other woman took quick steps back to get away from me- and the man shuffled, digging in his pockets. He whipped out a pistol and pointed it right at my forehead, he released the safety.

                       "Get back on the fucking bed!" He all but shouts. His voice is thunderous as I eye him from under my lashes. I click my tongue at him. I mean, was this really something to shout about? And that definitely was not a bed. More like a metal block of ice from hell.

                      "Now!" He shouted again. I rolled my eyes at his antics and take a slow step forward. He stays where he's standing- his hand shaking a little, but he was solid. He knew he would kill me if I tried anything. But still, I took another step, and then one more. I found myself pressing my forehead into the gun, daring him to shoot me. My eyes blinked up innocently at him. His glasses were slipping down his nose, and I reached up.

"Don't-" his voice started out, shaking a bit.

I push his big square framed glasses back up his nose, and give him a smirk.

                   "Mother tells me cursing is a bad habit for ladies. But I suppose men are allowed to do it." I bite out, thinking about sexism for a second.