Flashing Red

Warning. This chapter kind of has steamy stuff. Read on readers. ❤️

Claire's POV

I felt my expression fall. The burning pit in my stomach was no longer there, instead it was replaced with a slimy, cold feeling. Was he serious? He looked serious. But why? Why was he leaving, breaking the deal that we made? I mean, he technically had broken it anyway, he wasn't supposed to stay in the house, but very close by. But my mother gave him the option, so you take what you can get I guess.

My frown deepened.
"Why?" I asked. I didn't understand why he went through all of this trouble, just to leave. He looked taken aback, his eyes had a storm in them. He was conflicted.

"It's not my choice- I have to leave." He said, ignoring my previous question, and answering a question that was on my mind instead.

"That's not what I asked you." I said. I mentally cringed, my voice seemed so hollow, and sad. But then I realized, I am sad. Atticus was a big impact on my life. In fact, all of the guys were. Hell, even that evil red head Celmira was an impact. Maria the troll. Christmas the yorkie on fire. My blue fire. All of these people and things- they've impacted me, in a good way.

If he leaves now, after all of this, would my life go back to the way it was? Going to balls, listening to my mother's every word, being alone? I've gotten used to them already. I've gotten used to him.

He stayed quiet, thinking through his answer.

"It's difficult to explain." He said, shaking his head, not wanting to explain. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Out with it already." I say, finding my strong voice, but still feeling the sadness. He sighed.

"The dimensions, they're all going to war, including Holdrex." He states, still staring at me. To this information, I look at the floor. His dimension was going to war. He was leaving me for war.

                  What would Merlin say to this? He would accept it.
                 What would Merlin say to me? He would probably say 'get a hold on yourself you drama queen!'

             No. I wouldn't say that.
     I would say, get yourself together by the time your man leaves, or else he's gonna leave with someone else! He shouts in my mind. I almost cringe as my ears ring. But I pause, thinking about what Merlin just said. Well- shouted.

               Or else he's gonna leave with someone else. I furrow my eyebrows and look up at him. He seems troubled, and reaches out for my hand. I allow him to take it. As soon as I feel the burning sensation he always gives me, I almost sigh in relief.

                       "You're taking me with you?" I ask, feeling anxious. He rubs his thumb over my hand, and I almost smile. Am I always this bipolar?

                     He looks just about ready to lecture me, or give me a long speech.

                    "I won't force it, but-" I interrupt him by tackling him into a hug. Instead of fire burning, I feel sparks ignite and swallow every inch of my body. Instead of feeling horrible about leaving my mother, and my childhood home behind, I feel excited. Happy even. I'm not going to get left behind, in this dull boring life that I was supposed to have. I was going to be taken along in this adventurous, dangerous one.

                 I feel growl in approval, wrapping his strong arms around me. I inhale his cologne, and feel peaceful. He nuzzles his face in my neck, kissing it, before breathing me in also.