𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
                "𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞,
                         𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠."

Two hours after JJ dropped me off, I sat on my grey couch, eating some macaroni and cheese I made while I sat there in silence

The only thing that clouded my mind was I and JJ's kiss which felt magical. I loved how it felt to kiss the blonde boy. All I thought about, was him at the moment. I realized after a few minutes I was just staring at the tv that was pitch black.

Then, I heard the door lock open behind me. I quickly looked over my shoulder, hearing my parent's voices outside.

"Shit..." I whispered as I gulped nervously since I haven't faced them since last night. I watched the white wooden door slowly open, revealing my father and mother.

"I told her about it but apparently it slipped her mind." I heard my mother tell my father as they walked in but still didn't notice me on the couch.

"Oh! Scared the shit out of me." my father gasped as he held his chest near his heartbeat. "Sorry," I whispered as I swallowed my macaroni.

"Hey Madalyn, how have you been?" my mother asked with a delighted face as if I didn't just make a scene at an annual party, about 19 hours ago.

"Uh, I'm alright. Yeah uh, how are you?" I asked as I corked a brow. "We're good." she smiled as she watched me eat my macaroni.

"And what's wrong with you? You seem shocked, confused, and weirded out." my mother asked in concern.

"Well, Sarah Cameron's now a part of the friend group. And John b doesn't care that we don't want her and he chose her over us. So in conclusion, I'm doing real shitty."

"You guys will talk it out, I promise you. That's how all high school friendships work." she comforted me as I slowly nodded while one of my brows was raised.

"You look shaken up, Madalyn. You okay?" she questioned while she slowly and gently caressed my shoulder.

"Wait. I'm just a little confused right now. So your not mad at me?" I whispered, looking at both of my parents.

"No, your grandmother talked me out of it. So I am not. I just have to learn you're a teen and you do absurd stuff," she explained as I let out a relieved huff.

"Thank God for that lady,"

After I said that, I remembered that I also didn't tell them about me and JJ. Probably because I was trying my best to avoid them for the last 14 hours.