𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
            "𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬. 𝐉𝐉 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚
𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐩?"

 𝐉𝐉 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚                                  𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐩?"

Me and JJ arrived at the chateau an hour later, after we walked. We talked about a bunch of stuff except that one thing he said last night. I really wanted to know what he meant by it, but I just kept getting interrupted. It was like he was avoiding it. It was clear he was but I was still eager to know.

"Hey Maddie, can you get on the bucket and test it out?" Kiara asked, pointing at the bucket that was over my shoulder. I looked over and saw a huge metal bucket that was tied to a blonde rope that was swung on the gigantic tree that thrived above our heads.

"I'm kind of scared if it falls or something," Kiara added, patting me on the back with zero piece of comfort.

"So you'd rather my girlfriend fall and die?" JJ questioned, corking one of his blonde brows. "Well...no," Kiara whispered, scratching the back of her neck.

"Sorry, am I being selfish?" Kiara quickly asked, making me shake my head, disagreeing. "No, your not. I wanna get on it anyways." I giggled, taking my backpack off, and chucking it to the floor.

"Pope, will you help me please?" I asked while he nodded. "Thanks," I whispered, walking over to the metal bucket that sat on the floor.

"You got it, D?" Pope asked while I nodded. "I'm good," I whispered, carefully stepping into the metal bucket.

I carefully sat on the brim of the bucket and looked over at Pope, nodding for him to start pulling me up.

"Here we go," he whispered, picking up the rope that was attached to the bucket and began tugging. I clasped onto the ropes that were tied on the bucket and I heard small grunts slip from his thick lips while he pulled me and the bucket up.

"Is that good?" Pope questioned, in between grunts. "It's great. It's amazing." I giggled, while my grip tightened on the ropes.

"I like this, Pope." I laughed, getting excited, watching his face form delighted, as well. "This is gonna turn out freaking awesome!" I heard Pope cheer.

Then, I looked down at the distance between the ground and the bucket and immediately started trembling, and I began feeling unbalanced.

"Shit, Pope!" I gasped, holding onto the rope tighter, instantly shutting my eyes. "Just relax, Madalyn. Chill. Focus on something on your mind!" Pope shouted.

"Like what falling and dying!" I screamed, feeling myself shake a lot harder. "Mads, just chill. Relax." JJ spoke up, while my mind ignored him since all I could think about was me falling to my death.