𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
           "𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟?
                                𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲."

I awoke to a bright light from the large and wide windows of The Wreck

I awoke to a bright light from the large and wide windows of The Wreck. It annoyingly hit my face while I shifted around, trying to block it. But of course, there was a window in every single corner of the restaurant, so that didn't do much for me.

I didn't feel arms wrapped around me or I wasn't on top of anyone, so that meant JJ wasn't on the couch with me. I slowly opened my sensitive eyes and squinted at the sun that invaded the place.

I looked down at the beige couch I was on and I didn't see the blond boy near me. I looked up and over at the other couches and I didn't see Pope either. However, I did see Kiara.

"Morning, Wednesday Adams" I heard Pope whisper behind me. I turned around to see him standing there with a cheesy smirk.

He began using that name in the 5th grade because I always fell asleep with two braids to keep my hair away from my face and tidy for the next morning. And now that nickname is now glued to Pope's mind.

"Seriously. You still call me that?" I asked, with a breathy laugh following after. "I wasn't gonna stop," he replied.

I grabbed the small pillow on the couch and threw it at him. He put both of his arms up to protect his face and the pillow missed him. He immediately bent down and grabbed the pillow and threw it at me with full force, hitting me in the face.

I gasped before I grabbed the pillow again, got up, and ran toward him with it. He ran to the other end of the store but I still chased after him with the pillow in hand.

"I'm going to trip you if you keep chasing after me," Pope warned, circling the round table near us. "Then do it!" I laughed, trying to sneak around the table but he was too quick.

"Warning you now, Mads. I'm going to single-leg sweep you." Pope laughed, giving me a humorous look. "Fine. I'm only stopping because it's too early for chasing." I chuckled, lightly tossing the pillow at him.

"You sure? Or you're just scared, Wednesday Adams." he teased before I raised my hand and flipped him off. "Screw you, Pope."

"Truth hurts?" he whispered, making my jaw drop low. "It doesn't hurt if it isn't true, Pope. You should know that." I whispered back, with a grin.

"Smart reply."

After Pope said that, I felt someone's eyes, burning into me. I looked over and noticed it was my boyfriend, JJ. He didn't seem pleased for some moment. He had his arms crossed over his chest and his tongue poked his cheek.