𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
                      "𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭...𝐒𝐥𝐚𝐩 𝐦𝐞?"

𝐒𝐥𝐚𝐩 𝐦𝐞?"

We were now at the wreck, Kiara's parent's restaurant. But we were alone since the restaurant was closed for the day. We sat on the steel black chairs around a circular table.

Even though the others cheered me up and told me not to worry about JJ and his angry exit, I couldn't paste a fake smile anymore.

He was my boyfriend, my best friend. I couldn't just sit around knowing he'd be okay. Barry could roll up on him at any second, and so can Rafe. Andrew could dig under JJ's thick skin enough to make him furious and do something else that can put his life at stake.

But not only that he had an abusive father. It didn't matter if JJ would come back to his house sad, furious, cheerful, exhausted, or bored. His father would still hit him. JJ once told me it was because Luke; JJ's father, sees JJ's mother in him.

I accidentally let out a huff and I knew that I attracted the others. I didn't want the attention to be put on me since I just wanted to be left alone. I slowly looked up and made eye contact with Sarah and Kiara while I fidgeted with my gold rings.

"Madalyn, it's okay. He's gonna be okay." Kiara soothed before I rolled my eyes. "I didn't say anything that made me think that." I snapped, feeling the boy's eyes look at me, in concern.

"Oh yeah?" she asked, walking towards me and crossing her arms over her chest. "Yeah," I lowly confirmed.

"So why are your rings twisted?" Kiara questioned, unfolding her arms and grabbing my hands, lifting them.

"Just leave me alone, Kie." I sighed, snatching my hand from her grip, getting up from the chair, and walking to the back of the restaurant.

"Look, he'll come around, alright. He's doing a JJ thing." John b spoke up. "You think he'll go home?" I questioned, looking out the huge window and thinking about the trouble he'll get into if he ran into his father.

"There's about a zero percent chance JJ goes home," Pope mumbled. "He only goes home if he got into a fight with one of us. Which clearly happened with all of us." I whispered, stroking my brown hair behind my ear.

What is a "JJ thing" few of you may ask? It's when JJ comes across his idiotic abusive dad, and he abuses JJ for no reason. But part of the reason Luke hits his son is because he's drunk, and high and apparently he sees JJ's mother who left them in him. And then after the beating, JJ just isolates himself from us. And if he doesn't. He's just very quiet.